Our client, a leading US-based online technology company, is seeking the right talent to join their 24/7 global team as an experienced ITIL Incident Manager, APAC (12 months subject to extension) for their continuous business growth in the region.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced multi-technology environment, is passionate about troubleshooting, and excels at driving the restoration of mission-critical services.
He/she will collaborate with global teams and must be available to work outside of standard business hours (weekend shifts, holidays, and evenings) as needed.
He/She will be expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to interact with leaders and customers at all levels of the organisation, technical proficiency, and the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Act as an on-call Incident Commander, responsible for coordinating and managing incident resolution with a high level of efficiency, cross-functional collaboration, and accuracy, while collaborating with a global and diverse set of stakeholders, including Product, Policy, and Legal.
- Identify and classify incidents based on customer and operational impact.
- Perform technical risk analysis and govern resolution decisions
- Articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management
- Provide timely and accurate incident communication updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with all resources associated with incident response
Post Incident Work
- Lead and/or participate in Post Incident review meetings with key stakeholders and service owners to review events and opportunities for ongoing improvement
- Identify persistent or recurring problems and recommend creative solutions
- Conduct/participate in enterprise-wide drills to prepare for and ensure efficient incident response and drive best practices
- Execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ensure organization incident management methodologies, tools, and skills are best-in-class by identifying technical and procedural opportunities and driving creative solutions that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the response programme.
- Create/Update relevant documentation, troubleshooting guides, and other key documentation as needed.
- Train, guide, and advise stakeholders on the Incident Management Process
- Undertake ad hoc administrative tasks to assist with reliability operations
To qualify for this role:
- You are hard working, highly adaptable and constantly evolving.
- You are passionate about taking ownership and managing complex incidents.
- Demonstrates technical excellence by applying engineering principles to solve complex problems.
- Capable of navigating a fast-paced dynamic environment while developing strategic and rapid fixes to high intensity problems.
- Effective and engaged as part of a geographically distributed team.
- A perfectionist with a keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality.
- Flexible, with the understanding that on when required, work will be outside of standard business hours
- Incident management experience, specifically with critical incident command
- Software Engineering/Development/Technical Program Management experience
- ITIL, PMP, Six Sigma with demonstrated application or significant related experience
- Advanced understanding of modern productivity tools such as G-Suite, Slack, and Jira
- Experience with monitoring and analysis tools such as Datadog, Splunk
- Background and understanding of the challenges in a global, distributed, always-on business that is continually evolving
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or send your CV directly to Gina Ng (EA Reg no: R1110400) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.