Application Developer/ Data Engineer
- 12 months contract
- Good compensation package
- Due to security clearance requirements with the project, the candidate should be a Singapore citizen.
- A familiar brand in Singapore's public sector industry
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/ non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centres.
- Create data tools for analytics team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Knowledge & Skills:
- With 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and columnar databases and database partitioning.
- Preferably with experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured/unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Preferably with experience using the following software/tools:
a) Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
b) Experience with NoSQL/NewSQL databases.
c) Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
d) Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
e) Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
f) Experience with either of these languages: Python, Java.
Interested candidates can send their resume to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia or apply online.