Civic Data Specialist (APAC)
- 12 months contract role
- Tech Giant, Social Media Platform
We are looking for a Civic Data Specialist to develop and organize civic data in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) and India region. This role will require a deep understanding of international politics and governments with high attention to detail.
- Research and organize lists of company data belonging to governments, politicians, and political parties across Asia-Pacific and India, ensuring that the lists only include authentic accounts.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity, accuracy and quality.
- Contribute to Civic Integrity programs through collaborative efforts with cross-functional teams across Policy, Product and Operations.
- Lead improvement initiatives by analyzing data infrastructure and collaborating with Engineering teams to enhance existing workflows.
- Support risk management and integrity efforts to facilitate accurate and effective decision-making.
- Use advanced problem-solving skills to resolve complex business problems.
- Build and maintain books of business and assist with ongoing data architecture governance.
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve the research process, including data querying, data collection and storage with product development and analysis.
- Extract, import and export data from various database tables.
- Support with data visualization and table dashboards for data-driven decision-making processes.
- Support stakeholders in daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to company standards.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on trends, patterns and changes in the database table.
- Understand and operate in accordance with defined company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Economics or other relevant field.
- Has 2+ year's work experience with a focus on research.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience working with large datasets.
- Knowledge of international politics, political parties, world leaders and national legislators.
- Understanding of the political landscape in APAC and India.
- Ability and experience working independently with a track record of taking initiative in uncertain, dynamic environments.
- Ability to focus on repetitive tasks on a deadline while filtering out inauthentic information.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to understand the perspective of partner managers and problem solve around their needs.
- Basic programming skills in SQL.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.