- 2 headcount available
- A global bank and financial services company
The successful candidate will be part of a team setup to support Front Office in Singapore, Hong Kong, CH, Japan and Australia to identify any adverse news in relation to existing clients of the company through the KYC due diligence process. The role will serve to ensure that all existing clients are compliant with the guidance set out by the regulators such as MAS and HKMA and the internal policies and guidance set out by Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) both locally and globally.
- The opportunity to conduct periodic Know Your Client (KYC) reviews of existing clients, performing enhanced due diligence, and ensuring overall compliance with procedural standards
- Ensuring Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media / Negative News screenings performed in accordance within company procedures
- Perform tasks necessary to support the value chain and producing the results for reporting purposes in a timely manner
- Partner with Client Facing Employees, Front Office Management and other key stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, APAC and Location FLDS etc.) and acting as subject matter expert on various topics (such as Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), Adverse News, etc.)
- Where gaps have been identified, you would provide suggestions on how they can be closed. Where areas of improvements have been identified, you would provide suggestions such as streamlining the existing controls for possible increased efficiency.
- University graduate with Bachelor of Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance and related academic qualifications
- Fast learner with at least 2-4 years of experience in KYC related role
- Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese language skill is a MUST to ensure continuation in supporting the First Level Discounting of Traditional & Simplified Chinese adverse news
- A problem solver mindset, with the capability to think outside of the box
- You should have a dedicated, self-starter approach to your work
- A highly motivated perspective and an eagerness to work efficiently
- Attention to details for producing accurate and precise control results
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to excel under pressure for meeting any tight deadlines
- The flexibility to work in a dynamic and energized environment with changing priorities
Interested candidates can send their CV to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia or apply online.