The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and collecting on an Accounts Receivable portfolio, ensuring timely payment and resolution of customer issues preventing payment.
- Responsible for activities assigned by the Collections Supervisor.
- Liaise with customers on a timely basis, execute collection activities, reconcile and track daily/monthly AR balance accounts with customer records.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of invoices in the AR system (manually encoded or through interface).
- Communicate effectively with customers on a timely basis and provide excellent customer service regarding collection issues, discrepancies and short payments
- Work closely with key teams such as Credit and Sales in mitigating collection risk
- Collaborate with various internal business functions such as Billing, Credit and Cash Application teams and external customers to resolve receivable issues and to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Provide administration work related to collections, such as preparing adjustment vouchers, statements and letters.
- To be accurate, efficient and organized within daily responsibilities.
- Escalates production issues to his/her team leader as appropriate.
- Complies with all client published policies/ procedures and any legal regulatory requirements in addition to ensuring that Client's Service Level Agreement is met.
- At least Diploma holder (Finance, Accounting) with relevant working experience.
- Strong communication skillss.
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work under time pressure, able to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude and flexible, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.