- 15 months contract role
- Competitive compensation package
- A Fortune Global 500 company
Our client is revamping their Learning & Development program at a regional level, impacting more than 12 countries. We are looking at building a team of smart, talented creatives and changemakers who want to do great work with awesome people.
This job is as much about discovering, understanding, and synthesizing as it is about devising an overarching communications strategy for our learning content. We need someone who's unafraid to roll up their sleeves, dig into piles and piles of technical content, and begin to make sense of it so that it can be articulated to others. If you're ok with that, then here's a sense of what our client would ask of you -
- Devise a communication strategy across our client's learning content. Starting with why learners need to master a certain concept, this communications strategy must be a considered, coordinated, and cross-cutting multimedia/omnichannel approach that's brought to life by graphic designers, technical writers, other creatives, and subject matter experts. It must create a strong and lasting brand impression for the company.
- Design a common visual language for learning materials. Our client's materials must tell great stories - ones that are clear, concise, cogent, and coherent. Further, they must build memorable mental models that learners can readily access and apply to real-world situations. This requires both the comms strategy as well as someone who's a force of nature to make it happen as our client seeks to standardise their visual language across nine business units.
- Develop (and deliver) novel learning programmes. The disciplines of Design Thinking, Lean Start-Up, and Agile Development get a lot of attention in Silicon Valley and elsewhere. These disciplines taken together represent new ways of working that can help transform our client's agency business, helping their agents and leaders build the right skills, mindsets, and behaviours. This requires keen communications design to position these innovative approaches in a way that resonates with their agency.
- Work with and manage vendors. The team you will be joining will be a small but mighty team of creatives. While it will design and develop content in-house, it must also seek to leverage crowdsourcing platforms, remote teams, and local vendors to achieve additional capacity and capability. This means you can tap other comms design talent on demand to help with your requirements.
We are looking for experience or otherwise demonstrable competence with brand and content strategy, visual design, data visualization, presentation design, and/or storytelling. If you have experience in communications design for technical subjects, even better.
Experience with Design Thinking, Lean Start-Up, and/or Agile Development is preferred. This includes designing programmes (e.g., courses and materials), delivering those programmes (i.e., teaching and coaching), and advising senior stakeholders on the competitive advantage that arises from the considered application of these new ways of working.
There's no minimum length of experience required, as we'll assess your candidacy more on what you've done and have the potential to do, and less on your years of experience.
Our client is considering candidates from all backgrounds with a mix of these talents:
- Communicator. You have a keen interest in understanding why people need information, and can devise communication strategies accordingly.
- Synthesizer. You can tame complexity. You have a love-hate relationship with ambiguity. You can turn disparate data into themes, patterns, and insights.
- Designer. You're a creative. You have good taste. You can direct graphic/visual designers. You know your way around Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PPT, or whatever works for you.
- Storyteller. You can tell a story - visually, verbally, and through performance. People pay attention to you because you help them make sense of a messy world.
- Collaborator. You can work with a range of stakeholders. You can build on the ideas of others and always adopt a can-do attitude. Your involvement is actively sought after.
Finally, you must be a bit quirky and have a sense of humour!
Interested candidates can send their resume to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia (EA Registration No.: R1110126) or apply online.
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact Maricris Fermin (EA Reg no: R1110126) at +65 direct number for more information.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.