This role will be part of the Compensation & Benefits team covering the Asia Pacific (APAC) & Middle East Region. The team plays a central role in planning, advising and developing Compensation and Benefit initiatives for the APAC teams. You will provide advisory and analytical support to the Compensation & Benefits Leader - APAC & ME and the wider C&B team. The C&B team is spread across the ASEAN, Middle East, ANZ and China and works occasionally with C&B in the Europe, US and India. This role will focus on benefits, the implementation of new and revision of current, and will support compensation aspects as and when required. You will need to work closely with the wider HR Team (Talent Managers are based in the APAC countries) and Management (Country Managers, Business Heads) for the approval and implementation of new and revised compensation & benefit programs. The role is based in the Singapore, the regional HQ and will touch on multiple aspects of Compensation and Benefits programmes and initiatives across the APAC region.
- Undertaking market research, provide recommendations and coordinate implementation of new or improved competitive benefits offered in the APAC region for new and existing countries;
- Administering APAC benefit plans including, but not limited to, employee insurance renewal negotiation, vendor selection and management, employee communication, reporting and disclosure, ensuring all benefits are current, accurate and in-line with legal requirements;
- Advising on benefit pooling opportunities where available;
- Rolling-out online/total rewards platform across various APAC countries, including system design, implementation and employee communication;
- Benefit due diligence for various projects including our employee mobility company and mergers/acquisitions, supporting key stakeholders to ensure full comparisons are made and any issues/risks are highlighted;
- Assisting with special projects as required (new country implementation, regional roll-out of Global Benefits program, etc.);
- Liaising with HR (Talent) Managers in APAC countries, providers and Senior Management where needed;
- Working with Shared Services team to automate data requirements for benefit providers across APAC, and other data management processes.
- Undertaking compensation benchmarking analysis on a scheduled and ad hoc basis to monitor competitiveness and develop recommendations for the region in line with the business and APAC strategies.
- Gathering, formatting and analyzing compensation data.
- Assisting with the APAC incentive and salary review processes in terms of data coordination, management and analytical support for APAC region
Skills & Experience:
- Thorough understanding of benefits legislation and compliance matters across APAC countries, as well as evaluating existing benefit plans
- C&B experience ideally gained across several APAC countries
- Experience in researching and implementing innovative benefit programs
- Experience working with survey providers for both benefits and compensation
- Be able to work remotely autonomously but whilst being part of a wider APAC C&B team and reporting line.
- Good attention to detail, highly numerate with good analytical skills.
- Demonstrate understanding and hands on experience operating in a complex business and matrix environment whilst dealing with country specific C&B issues and requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good influencing skills / Excellent Excel skills