A Data Center Technician II is responsible for deploying and maintaining servers in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities. This role takes ownership in maintaining high availability for our millions of customers' websites. Attention to detail and documentation skills are critical to being successful in this position.
- Provide on-site physical and virtual support of technology infrastructure
- Deploy and configure Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Prioritize requests and deploy servers to meet deadlines
- Perform hardware maintenance on mission critical systems (storage, network, servers)* - candidate must be able to troubleshoot server hardware, diagnose and make parts replacement including but not limited to hard disks, controller cards, RAM, motherboard, power supply.
- Accomplish inventory control for servers, components and cables
- Respond to regular phone or ticket requests/incidents/change orders from 24x7 Operations Center
- Accomplish other tasks and projects as assigned by management
- Diagnose and repair various network, software, and hardware configuration issues
- Install and remove server, network, and infrastructure equipment
- Receive, unbox, and move assets from building loading dock to the datacenter
- Update and maintain corporate asset and inventory management system with all moves, adds, and changes
- Communicate with customers via email, lync, and corporate ticketing system
- Perform daily walkthroughs of the environment to check for system faults and escalate
- Attending in projects and capable to fullfill the role as a technical project lead
- Cable infrastructure and hosts per industry guidelines
- work well in a high stress environment
- Base level knowledge of cloud fundamentals and computing
- MCP Certification or 2-3 years of Windows experience are required
- Server+, A+ and Network+ Certifications are strongly preferred
- 2 year or more experience working with Linux at the command line is required
- 4 or more years of experience troubleshooting PC and server hardware are required.
- 4 or more years working in an Information Technology department are required.
- Experience working in a large data center (100+ servers) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to write and adjust management documentation
- Demonstrated ability to manage and multi-task all critical programs and projects
- Ability to achieve specific results from general direction
- This role requires lifiting of equipment up to 50lbs. The candidate should be willing and able to do the requirement.