- Meeting with Business Clients, Systems Integration, and other IT departments to gather technical requirements, business justification for projects
- Verify technical requirements for large projects
- Quickly estimate high-level costs and resource requirements
- Evaluating technology options and presenting those that best suit customer requirements.
- Produce the technical design in the format specified by Client standards. This requires excellent technical writing skills and proficiency with office automation tools. Many technical designs will be in excess of 100+ pages and integrate various items including Visio Diagrams, Tables, Charts, and links.
- Provide detailed and accurate bill of materials and cost estimates
- Estimate Resource Requirements with a high degree of accuracy
- Ensure Compliance with all Client Standards for Data and Voice Networks.
- Communicate the design in both a technical and business style manner. This will normally be done in meeting and require the development of additional presentation material.
- Assist junior engineers with project costing estimates
- Generally the first to use new solutions provided by Network Technology engineering team
- Develop a High-level plan at project initialization that will guide the project through the requirements and pre-sales stage
- Develop a Detailed project plan that will guide the project through the solution design, procurement, and delivery stages.
- Hold regular meetings with stakeholders to track progress and communicate issues, and delegate tasks
- Provide Project reporting as required by the Client Minimal Grid Guidelines for Complex and Medium Service Requests
- Provide Project reporting as required by company standards
- Lead and Deliver all aspects of the Procurement process. This includes tracking SR Requests, tracking vendor quotations, participating in the Client Capital Expense process, taking responsibility and ownership of the request through the approval flow.
- Update the Networks Book of Work for assigned projects
- Update the Resource Plan for any project or task for which effort is forecasted
- Determining implementation time frames and risks - Coordinating and gaining consensus on change windows with change management and other IT teams and LBM's
- Submission and tracking of Change Management tickets for implementation
- Coordinating the installation of equipment and connections with Move/Add/Change team
- Testing of network connectivity post implementations
- Ensuring Compliance of all Changes with Client standards
- Completing the Acceptance into Service (AIS) Process for all projects.
- Delivering all Projects and Changes "Right the First Time"
- Travel to various customer sites within the Asia Pacific theater is required
- Provide Tier 3 Technical Support during major incidents and troubleshooting assistance for complex long term issues impacting network performance.
- Provide Technical consultation as requested by the customer
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- The preferred candidate should have worked in a large enterprise managed service environment preferably in the financial industry or have similar experience with the banking sector.
The primary technology areas covered by the Data Security Engineer are:
- Juniper Netscreen Firewalls and Netscreen Security Manager
- Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama CM
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- EIGRP and BGP Routing Protocols
- Lucent Vital QIP/Run IP (DNS/DHCP); N3K RunIP
- F5 Load Balancers
- Bluecoat Proxy Devices
- Rebasoft Network Access Control