Database Operations Administrator
- Leading Global IT business
- Work with cutting edge technologies
- Competitive package and benefits
MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for:
- Providing operational database services to the organization.
- Primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- 8+ Years of Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server and Windows Server Administration
- Prior Experience in a DBA/SA Application Production Support Role
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Leadership skills, Team Building
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
Interested candidates please submit your CV to email@example.com or apply online.