DBA Lead for a global client based in Singapore
- Lead and manage the database team
- Perform database administration experience in 24/7 environment
- Perform key database administration functions - Installation and Configuration, instance creation, lifecycle management, capacity planning, database migration, database replication, database backup/recovery and performance tuning
- Maintain Backup & Recovery policies and procedures
- Have strong ownership, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Have a strong articulation skill to promote the best database management practices (Design, Implementation & Management) and the ability to coordinate major systems events such as infrastructure upgrades, database upgrades, patching, application upgrades, load tests & storage migration
- Proficient in scripting (SQL, Shell, PowerShell) skills and inclination towards automation of day-to-day tasks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of requirements
- Conduct periodic audit review and ensure baselines/policies are always adhered to
- Work with Principal Vendor for technical support
- Participate and support Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery activities
- Ensure compliance of database licensing requirements.
- Should have at least 3 years of DBA experience in related database technologies.
- Experience in building and managing Oracle, Postgres or DB2 databases
- Strong physical database design skills
- Database Performance tuning
- Capable of working with related database utilities and developed scripts using UNIX shell, SQL and windows powershell
- Working experience with Database High Availability and Database HW/Platform Migration
- Performing database administration in mission critical environment within DB Postgres
- Strong ownership analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in scripting skills
- Good to have project management skills
If you would like to find out more about the opportunity, please reach out to me @ firstname.lastname@example.org