DevOps Engineer (Data Warehouse and Analytics)
- Well-known government sector with wide range of project exposure
- Attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- A familiar brand in Singapore's public sector industry
The DevOps Engineer will be part of the project Enterprise Information Management team that will take on the exciting and challenging role of delivering and maintaining an agency-wide data warehouse and analytics project using AGILE software development methodology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide production support and operation for the system during office hours or as and when required after office hours or on weekends for scheduled maintenance and deployments
- Work with the team to support existing system and integration of new components in the system
- Maintain existing infrastructure which includes Windows-based servers, SQL databases, Power BI, Sharepoint, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analytics Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and R.
- Plan, design, build and maintain development environment which includes SSIS, .net, Visual basic, SSMS, etc.
- Participate in planning, evaluation, building and maintaining new big data infrastructure and development platform for analytics and data science
- Develop automation code for deployment and maintenance of infrastructure and applications
- Perform automated deployments to existing or new infrastructure environments
- Build continuous integration and delivery pipeline for applications
- Liaise with 3rd party software, hardware and application vendors to manage and resolve incidents and technical issues
- Due to project and highest level security clearance requirements, this role is only open to Singaporean citizens
- Tertiary Education in relevant fields is preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in managing the administration of Windows servers
- Hands on experience in Microsoft technologies, preferably for Business Intelligence and data management using tools such as Microsoft SQL SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power Bi, R, Sharepoint, and Team Foundation Studio.
- Experience in one or more of the following will be an advantage:
a) Virtualisation (VMWare VSphere family of products) and container technology
b) Secure code review, Automated Testing
c) Big Data platform (Hadoop), Git
d) Scripting languages (e.g. Python)
e) Dot Net programming
f) Agile continuous integration tools
- Good team player
- Passionate in championing the team to continuously improve and deliver quality software product
Interested candidates please submit your updated profile to George.email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.