- Opportunity to work for a large, established, well known technology company
- Will lead the Development Practice team that works on game-changing, high-impact projects
- Competitive package and benefits
- A public listed technology company
- Lead the development practice by setting the standards for how we work. Such as coding standards and patterns, app architecture, inspections/walkthroughs, approaches to testing and debugging, and so on.
- Lead and inspire your developers through active mentoring as they work within the Build-Run team alongside the testers, ops, domain experts, and other roles.
- You and your developers work directly with the business, domain experts, product owners, to shape, craft and engineer application solutions
- Follow the "you build it, you run it" principle, sharing responsibility for the development pipeline and the final delivered software.
- This is specialist leadership role. You need knowledge at the detailed level and are expected to guide and lead developers by example - if you like your ivory tower this isn't the role for you
- Create and pioneer POC's that can transform the development processes and application architecture
- Work and collaborate with an awesome team of like-minded professionals
- Foresee and troubleshoot problems, with focus and diligence, resolving with urgency and awareness / ownership to escalate
- 10 years+ Application development including architecture responsibility - you know how to lead and groom teams and know how a developer thinks, works, tests, stages, and deploys applications
- You are a hands-on development lead, you can code and do code daily, but you are also able to face senior managers and lead teams
- Savvy and hands-on experience with one or more Agile approaches
- Familiarity with large-scale, high volume transactional systems
- Programming - Java, J2EE
- SQL / NoSQL databases
Good To Have:
- Mobile development - Java / Kotlin, Objective - C / Swift on iOS, ReactNative
- Deployment - Jenkins, Docker, AWS
- Big Data - Hadoop, Hive, ELK
- Stream processing - Kafka, Flink
You may send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for review or apply online.