- Permanent position based in Manila, Philippines
- Will report directly to the Head of Finance
- An entity of an MNC insurance firm that provides information systems, IT and telecommunications infrastructures management services
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
* Perform the financial control of the SSC\ID by ensuring adequate reporting, variance analysis, cost center budgeting for Business As Usual (BAU) activity, as well as for Client Projects. Maintain financial tools for controlling transactions and reporting.
* With the support of the back office in India, manage the accounting activity and maintain related tools and processes in full compliance with local accounting principles, tax and management reporting requirements.
* Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
* Be SSC\ID representative for legal, tax, audit and regulatory issues.
* Support the Head of Finance to achieve the key Financial KPIs: BAU Revenue and P&L, Company Productivity target.
* Responsible for all accounting operations, including: billing, AR, AP, GL, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition. Also responsible for month end closing, cash management, control of approval process, accrual management, control of outsourcer for back office.
* Streamline and systemize AR and AP processes;
o Strongly support the production of monthly detailed invoices to our clients
o Ensure spending/purchasing/payment in all departments with proper approval and correct expense codes
o Resolve AR collection and AP processing issues and escalate cash flow issues to management's attention
Processes and Approvals:
* Maintain the set of workflows, procedures and systems of operation of the Finance Team
* Support budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
* Support any administration work with regards to Procurement, HR, Facilities, etc.
* Manage banking operations and resolve all banking issues, process signatory updates, etc.
* Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with local Government requirements
* Daily approval of payments and Purchase Requests, ensuring proper approval processes are followed, expenses are valid and charged to the correct codes according to Corporate guidelines and budget.
* Review and approve all invoices ensuring supporting documents are sufficient and charges are valid.
* Support the yearly production of the local costing and price cards notably by providing all necessary inputs with the right level of detail and documentation.
* Prepare corporate reports to meet corporate accounting policies.
* Participate in the monthly Finance Governance meetings with Clients to resolve billing/processing issues and coordinate with related parties to resolve dispute items.
* Regional Financial Controller
* Regional Executive Committee members
* Local Chief Financial Officers and Financial Controllers
* External Vendors / Service providers
* Shared Service Center Management and employees
* University graduate with at least 5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting related discipline
* Working experience in Insurance Industry or IT Finance preferred
* Demonstrated generalist Finance knowledge
* Excellent communication and management skills
* Good customer service, organized, result and detail-oriented, self-motivated, analytical and can perform independently.
* Good team player, positive attitude and can work under pressure.
* Strong at effectively handling multiple priorities under time and delivery pressures in a changing business environment
* Proficiency in MS Powerpoint, Word and Excel
* Fluent in spoken and written English
* Behavioural Skills and Capabilities:
o Focus on Customer - Demonstrating availability, attentiveness and reliability to external/internal customers, building trusting and constructive relationships with them. Listening to their needs and seeking their feedback. Striving to anticipate market trends and to deliver products and services that exceed - and possibly shape- customers' expectations.
o Share to Succeed - Being available, attentive and reliable with peers and colleagues. Encouraging and contributing to the sharing of information, knowledge and best practices. Addressing and resolving conflict in a way that ensures mutually satisfying outcomes.
o Result Orientation - Making and meeting commitments.
o Living through Company Values - Promoting and demonstrating the company values of Professionalism, Innovation, Pragmatism, Team Spirit, Integrity
o Team Leadership - Creating a climate of trust and collaboration within the team as well as across functions and entities. Leading in a way that ensures collective performance and removes obstacles that interfere with effective teamwork. Clearly defining priorities and accountabilities within the team and recognizing team members for their contribution.
o Build to Grow - Staying informed of market trends. Aligning the team around a clear vision of the business and ensuring the organization's objectives support both short and long-term business goals.
* People Management Skills and Capabilities:
o Be able to train / guide team members as needed
Interested candidates can send their resume to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia or apply online.