- 12 months contract role
Our client is assembling a team to revamp their current L&D program and set a new global standard in corportate learning.
This job is as much about doing as it is about leading. We need people who are unafraid to roll up their sleeves and do some nitty gritty work. We also need those who can discover and understand context quickly so that they can turn their superpowers to bringing our client's curriculum alive.
An an Instructional Designer, you will be:
- Developing curriculum. You will be the chief custodianof the curriculum.
- Creating and overseeing curricular documents. Based on the curriculum, each program must have its own documentation, including learning objectives, lesson plans, facilitator guides, assessment methodologies, etc. You will oversee documentation across business units.
- Building and launching learning products. Our client is building an entirely new curriculum for their learners, with learning solutions that comprise digital, instructor-led, and work-based experiences. These solutions must be holistic, immersive, and designed to drive desired behaviors, outcomes, and ROI. You will be an instrumental partner for our client's Product Manager as the team devise these learning products.
- Cultivating a community of practice. Our client is making a significant investment in developing their 300 trainers across the region. They have built a series of programmes to help them transition from trainer to learning catalyst (LC), a more apt title given what they are asking of them. You will have a role in shaping these LC programmes and activating that community in service of their curricular aspirations.
- Working with and managing vendors. While the team you will be joining will be tasked to design and develop content in-house, it must also seek to leverage crowdsourcing platforms, remote teams, and local vendors to achieve additional capacity and capability. You will oversee existing vendors doing instructional design and will be empowered to onboard more as you see fit.
Our client is considering candidates from all backgrounds with a mix of these talents:
- Architect. You can architect learning experiences. You know a bit of learning science and the difference between a curriculum, syllabus, and lesson plan. Learning objectives are your jam.
- Educator. You can lecture, facilitate, or coach - and can help others do the same. You do what it takes to catalyze learning experiences and get participants to fall in love with the subject.
- Expert. You know the insurance industry reasonably well, including products, business practices, operational processes, laws and regulations, and market landscape. Or you'll learn it quickly.
- Communicator. You can write and tell stories. Your writing is impeccable, and your storytelling is clear and compelling. Either way, you seek signal in a world of noise.
- Collaborator. You can work with a range of stakeholders. You can build on the ideas of others and always adopt a can-do attitude. Your expertise is actively sought after.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.