- Participate on projects systems/networking architecture design, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Ensure that systems/networking architectures balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to corporate governance.
- Within a business change programme, manage the programme's target design, policies and standards, working proactively to achieve stable, viable designs and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
- Able to work in complex environment with a heavy focus on IS security.
- Able coordinate design activity, within a programme, ensure that design implementation adhere to design activity.
- Ensure continuity by monitoring technical progress, ensuring that coordination and change control are applied to architecture and design.
- Advise on the impact of changes to the programme and on the process for assessing such impact.
- Inform project management of major design issues and make recommendations on their resolution.
- Provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration, including the operational and maintenance aspects of systems under development, and proposed system recovery procedures.
- Translate component specifications into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
Key Experience and Qualifications
- Broad knowledge across a range of infrastructure technologies (network, servers, client, storage, cloud, mobility, databases).
- Proven experience in design, implementation and operation of large-scale architecture solutions in a large and complex multi-supplier / multi-platform environment.
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers and there governance is desirable.
- Experience working on project with strict governance procedures is preferable.