- Identify and acquire the means to achieve project / programme / portfolio requirements. Typically aligned to one portfolio/programme, manage several projects (small or large) concurrently.
- Work with Determine group, Business Partner(s) and PMO to launch a project into Deliver phase. Form project team, secure budget and set up governance structure.
- Accountable for all aspects of project planning, scheduling and execution in conformance with Project Delivery Framework. Lead integration across all work streams and organisational boundaries to deliver project objectives. Identify and secure resources.
- Monitor, control and manage overall project performance to address deviations from plan in line with company standard processes. Influencing and management of key project / programme / portfolio stakeholders (internal and external).
- Status reporting to the Programme Manager/Head of IT Delivery/PMO/Sponsor.
- Stakeholder management (internal & external to IT)
- Supplier Management in a highly outsourced multi-supplier, multi-geography IT environment
- Identify and manage risks, contain and mitigate within manageable levels, timely escalation and communication
- Promotion of the general culture and professionalism of project management
Key Experience and Qualifications
- Degree Qualified. Member of professional Project Management body or certified in professional project management such as PMP, Prince2
- Experience in independently managing one large or several small to medium projects concurrently. Related skills and knowledge in Purchasing, Financial Management, Resource Management.
- Some exposure to end-user IT environment is important for success. Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills within a highly matrixed and complex organization. Managing across boundaries- remote resources, virtual teams, cross-functional.
- Unrelenting Focus on Delivery to Time, Cost & Quality.
- Experience in projects related to IT Infrastructure is necessary.
- Experience with highly process-driven delivery environment.