System Administrator (Openshift/Kubernetes/Docker)
- Leading global fintech company
- 6 months contract with possibility of extension
- Work location: Work from home until further notice or CBD area
- Infrastructure Operations and Production Support of container technologies and orchestration platforms (Docker UCP and Kubernetes)
- Docker/Kubernetes deployment, configuration, scaling and management of containerized applications.
- Openshift Enterprise implementation and Support
- Working with tools surrounding the Kubernetes ecosystem such as helm, kubeadm, Sysdig, Prometheus, Grafana, FluentD etc.
- Working with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, terraform etc.)
- Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to staff.
- Proficient to expert scripting and automation skills converting manual and maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation.
- Must have strong knowledge & experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations.
- Strong system security awareness and knowledge in OS hardening.
- Ability to operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical and customer knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
- Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering and Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all company's business lines
- Working knowledge of monitoring and automation tools: Netcool, Splunk, BMC Patrol
- Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
- Contribute to standardize and document operational procedures
- Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
- 5 years of work experience with a bachelor's degree in computer science or related
- At least 4 years hands-on experience with containers in Production Environments - Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes preferred
- 3 years of Scripting experience (Shell, Python) and Systems Administration skills
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, terraform etc.)
- 1 Year experience of cloud platform ( AWS/GCP/Azure) or Certification with less experience is preferred.
- Hardening, securing the Kubernetes cluster with monitoring and auditing dashboards
- Knowledge in infrastructure technologies such as HP and DELL hardware (Blades and Rack servers)
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Work closely with application teams in ensuring best practices are followed and the infrastructure automation can be self-service
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact May Anne Ramos (EA Reg no: R1110127) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.