L2 Application Support Engineer
- 12 months contract
- Hybrid work arrangement
- 2 headcount available
- Work location: Paya Lebar
- Working hours: 5 days a week including weekend
- Leading global digital payment company headquartered in US
Will be part of Product Reliability Engineering group to join Operations 2nd Level Applications team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting various Cardinal Commerce application and supporting our production transaction processing systems.
- Support critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities.
- Engage in automation activities.
- Supporting application and infrastructure based on new technologies like Kubernetes containers, Kafka, Graphana, Prometheus, Elastic etc.
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation.
- Good knowledge on Cloud and VM ware infrastructure.
- Good knowledge on Load Balancer, TCP layer architecture.
- Good Experience on Kubernetes and Docker (preferable OpenShift, MKE vendor products).
- Basic knowledge of ansible and YAML scripting.
- Requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such.
- Ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and postproduction implementations.
- Monitor application performance (e.g. memory, logging, latency).
- Writing SQL queries for data analytics.
- Code release into Test and Production environments using industry standard deployment tools.
- Support application deployment using chef/Jenkins.
- Support Client escalated issues specific to applications. (e.g. increased latency, transactional issues, features not working as expected etc. ).
- Implement and maintain Performance monitoring dashboards using industry standard tools (Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Keynote, Runscope, Ghost inspector, Evolven, Graphite etc..).
- 6 years of work experience with a bachelor's degree or an Advanced Degree
- Knowledge and experience with Linux/UNIX.
- Experience with application support organization working in 24*7 environments.
- Experience in working with RDBMS DBs, Non-SQL DBs, MySQL DML/DDL, Oracle
- Possess exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills
- Basic level knowledge on Active/Active setup Application
- Experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team.
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and Python technologies.
- Experience with Service Now and ticketing workflows is preferred.
- Working experience with monitoring tools like SPLUNK or any other monitoring tools/processes will be advantageous.
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous.
- Should have a technical and business mindset
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous.
- Understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS, Certificates, Load balancer and firewall.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects.
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact May Anne Ramos (EA Reg no: R1110127) at email@example.com for more information.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.