Lead Visual Experience (VX) Designer
- 2 years contract role, with possible extension
- A multinational IT company
We are seeking a Lead Visual Experience (VX) Designer to join our client's Global Experience Design team. You will assist in driving unique and consistent brand experiences across existing and new product platforms and help shape the future of print through world-class visual experiences.
You will use your extensive experience and design leadership to help reinvent how design experiences delight our client's customers and motivate their business partners. In this role, you will deeply understand the needs of our client's customers and markets, and translate those insights into design experiences that demonstrate thought leadership, creativity and innovation.
The ideal candidate will have broad design capabilities across disciplines (User Experience Design, Interaction Design), a command of key design tools, and deep knowledge of product development processes. You will use your excellent communication skills to navigate trade-offs and collaborate with internal and external customers, including some of the world's leading design agencies. Equally important, you will be able to demonstrate design and business leadership skills and understanding to less experienced designers, while collaborating across global studios, to solve our client's most challenging problems that span across their extensive portfolio of products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Visual Design (VX) across multiple Printing businesses and partners and more specifically the design team on world class iconography and illustration - Create and design various materials for digital and physical design standards, methods and tools (with special focus on labels and hardware environments).
- Take ownership to help define and implement, within the corporate design brand, the VX strategy, standards, guidelines, and roadmap across multiple products and platforms (user instructional illustration content, product and regulatory labels/ engraving, story boarding).
- Manage delivery of assets across businesses and partners.
- Establish creative direction as well as align with the company's Iconography, Visual style guidelines and roadmaps.
- Systematize and streamline methods, and deliverables across the team (vision, strategy, standards, concepts, use cases, prototypes, process, specification documentation, style guides)
- Manage and maintain quality, coherence and consistency of deliverables through regular design reviews and alignments.
- Work collaboratively within an agile product team comprising Product Managers, engineers, procurement and ID, UX, IX leads to deliver world-class product experiences.
- Deliver hands-on VX work for specific programs.
- Obsess over good design and regularly collect and share examples.
- Build a great portfolio that wows even the toughest critic.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Fine Arts, Visual Design, Communications Design or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years' experience delivering VX design projects in iconography, printing solutions, especially product hardware and label applications.
- Experience designing and championing VX in large corporations and design agencies.
- Experience in developing, prototyping and experience in printing with various media applications, as well as hardware engraving/ embossing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven strategic design thinker, creative, and execution oriented.
- User Experience Design and Interaction Design understanding, along with prototyping skills.
- Knowledgeable about various printing media and molding applications.
- Knowledgeable about user-centered design research method.
- Passion for representing the user point of in a technology-led environment
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Excellent at storyboarding sketch and illustration.
- Excellent leadership ability to negotiate and influence organizations and individuals.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills, and teamwork spirit.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality, prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.