Learning & Development Implementation Lead
- 12 months contract role
- A multinational insurance company
This job is as much about doing as it is about leading. We need people who are unafraid to roll up their sleeves and do the nitty gritty work. If you were to join as a L&D Implementation Lead, at a micro level, you would liaise with and understand the needs of the business and deeply understand the needs, desires and contexts of our client's agents and agency leaders so that you can implement world-class learning experiences effectively and efficiently across the region. At a macro level, you will be working with the team on content, the in-country L&D teams on programme design, and the Digital Team on user stories for the agent super-app.
As a L&D Implementation Lead, you will:
- Deploy digital learning solutions to drive results. Our client is building a robust library of digital content that can be configured in bite-sized pieces or full-on learning paths. Though the content will be used for pre-defined programmes, it can also be used to be responsive to changing business needs. You will promote and re-configure existing content or commission new content to raise awareness of certain issues and drive desired outcomes.
- Coordinate and implement instructor-led programmes to build skills. Our client has upskilled and reskilled their trainers to become Learning Catalysts, a veritable cadre capable of taking classroom-based skill building to a whole new level, including virtual, Zoom-hosted sessions. You will work closely with the appointed vendor to identify and assess Learning Catalysts' needs, roll out training programmes for Learning Catalysts to build those skills, and then sponsor development of the instructor-led programmes to make it happen.
- Cultivate and maintain a values-based culture and a sense of learning community. The aim is to institutionalize and integrate a learning mindset throughout the organization. By setting an example, you will exemplify the company values in your everyday practices and encourage others to take ownership in their professional development and growth. Our client places emphasis on enhancing the capabilities and competencies of people especially leaders so that they can coach and mentor their teams to acquire critical skills, build agency culture, and create that distinct company identity. You will play a key role in rallying key stakeholders to build and reinforce the learning ecosystem.
- Implement all aspects of the programmes and manage stakeholders' expectations. You will work closely with a lean and mighty team of content creators and changemakers especially with the Project Operations Lead and Instructional Designers to ensure all programmes are rolled out successfully - effectively and efficiently. You will be the key point of contact from LBUs to stitch together all L&D elements from design to production to communication and promotion; following through the implementation process from the first launch down to subsequent iterations.
- Do the odd job here and there. Even the big bosses in the team will have to roll up their sleeves to plan conferences, coordinate schedules, onboard vendors, etc. This is particularly true as the team works with nine (9) in-country teams.
The ideal candidate would be a mid-career professional with experience in managing multiple programmes at the same time, navigating around a cross-matrix organization and liaising with senior stakeholders. A working knowledge of content development and prior experience in large-scale transformation projects is preferred.
We are considering candidates from all backgrounds with a mix of these talents:
- Implementer. You are someone who get things done. You get the big picture and can connect the dots. You are disciplined and well-organized. You roll up your sleeves and have a system in place. You run everything like clockwork.
- Synthesizer. You are a systems thinker. You can tame complexity. You have a love-hate relationship with ambiguity. You are a good listener and come across as someone approachable. You are able to go deep in certain areas but also look at things holistically.
- Shaper. You always challenge the team to improve and find opportunities in questioning norms. You are creative and find the best approaches when solving problems. You shake things up to make sure that the team explores and considers all possibilities.
- Collaborator. You can work with a range of stakeholders. You can build on the ideas of others and always adopt a can-do attitude. Your involvement is actively sought after.
- Conductor. You can get an orchestra to play even if doesn't want to. You can manage projects and marshal the essential functions of bureaucracy - and its cast of characters - to deliver results.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.