To work in 16*5 support Team, which involve shift work in different shifts in round-robin fashion. 8 hours a shift - 5 days a week.
As requirements dictate, to service all aspects of Mainframe online support whilst adhering to in-house standards.
These tasks will include:
- Definition of CICS transactions, web services, file definitions in development regions.
- Creation of MQ objects like local, transmission queues, channels etc. in development region.
- Maintain channel security for development teams. Provide channel access for distributed servers.
- Maintain file definitions in CAFC and any issues with file closing in jobs and transactions.
- Use BMC mainview to monitor CICS tasks and transactions, queue draining transactions and messages in queues.
- Monitor production regions and respond to incident conditions like queue full, transaction CPU % high, messages in DLQ, transaction looping, page set full% etc.
- Respond to CICS and MQ events in production
- Ensure all the processes are followed for escalations.
- Help application team identify the abends and CICS errors in application programs and transactions.
- Monitor technical sender receiver channels and any events occurring on the same.
Job Requirements (Please specify mandatory skills, additional skills)
- 5-6 years experience in mainframe online support in production environments.
- 5-6 experience in troubleshooting L2 support with CICS and MQ on Z/os
- Highly skilled in CICS, MQ series and Websphere on z/OS tools and should have extensive working knowledge.
- Good Experience in support of Complex Online Environment.
- Very good knowledge in using mainview tool for CICS and MQ
- Should have good support knowledge and be able to handle Problems in Parallel.
- Deployment of Adhoc and dynamic configuration changes in the middleware tools
- Follow standards and perform pre and post installation checks.
- Knowledge of application development.
- Experience with TWS, REXX Mainview, TCP/IP, VTAM
Good to have skills:
- UNIX knowledge
- CICS/MQ internals and diagnostics