- Contract role
- Well known social media company
We are looking for a Media Analyst to join our client's Strategic Response Communications team to cover Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan (English and Mandarin/ Cantonese-speaking media). This person will be responsible for monitoring news cycles, and developing analysis and reports for pressing issues. A key part of this role is keeping teams informed with real-time news updates, summaries of social media conversations, and media coverage trends, themes, and overall comparative analysis.
The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with colleagues all over the world (the working language is English) and can consistently deliver high-quality work even under severe time constraints. Candidates should be strong communicators. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, strong reading, writing, and organization skills are critical. You should be passionate about our client's products and policy issues, and not be afraid to learn about using data analytics to inform media strategies.
Overall, this person will play a key role in analyzing the true impact of all major news stories about the company. This role is ideal for someone who has had first experience in their journalistic and/or communications career, and wants to take their experience to the next level. By analyzing the company's media activity, you will gain a thorough understanding of how proactive and reactive media cycles at a very large scale develop around the world. This knowledge will be the ideal basis for a further career in communications in some of the world's largest organizations in the public eye.
- Read, analyze, and summarize media coverage of important company issues
- Create reports with media insights to assess the impact of different news cycles and inform future strategy
- Inform the wider team on news cycles domestically and internationally, and put them into their local context
- Inform the wider team on complex policy issues facing the company, put them into their local context and deliver insights accordingly
- Track social media conversations and deliver insightful reports
- Work closely with broader communications teams to help support and inform communication strategy
- Has 1 or 2+ years of experience in a media analysis, research, journalistic, communications or related role
- Fluent in English and Mandarin/ Cantonese due to the countries this role will be covering; additional languages a plus
- Familiarity with the media market in APAC
- Experience drafting messaging materials; writing news summaries is a plus
- Experience owning multiple deliverables and working in a deadline driven environment
- Experience distilling technology or policy concepts into consumer language is a plus
- First experience in managing issues and developing crisis communication strategies is a plus
- Experience working at a public relations or public affairs agency, or with a technology company would be preferred
- Experience using data platforms to monitor media coverage and analyze social media conversation
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism, Public Relations, Broadcast, Political Science, or related field
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.