Internal Audit Manager
- Contract role until 31 December 2021
- A multinational bank
This role will direct the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities. This role will be responsible for providing technology audit coverage of key systems' processes and managing audit project supporting the business globally and across Asia-Pacific.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and, where appropriate, branch examinations as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Effectively manages and executes audit activities for a component of a product line, function or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan. For larger audit reviews, manages an audit team responsible for completion of the audit work.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the Bank's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the Bank and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. Effectively negotiates on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and proactively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues and proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with internal and external stakeholders to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- Collaborates effectively with other business audit teams and helps support them in achieving their objectives.
- University degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of senior level experience in a related role. With experience in business, functional and people management, and with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders concurrently according to strict timetables.
- Subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery (or equivalent projects) within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of Internal Audit, business management and external stakeholders (e.g. external audit and regulators).
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.