- Multinational technology services firm
Network Engineer job duties:
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
Network Engineer operational duties:
- Completing checklists that support pre-production deployment of network services. This includes assurance that Network Operations has updated management for all related network components, is performing pro-active routines to ensure optimal network health, understands the service and its dependencies, and the staff is capable of performing established recovery procedures
- Perform monitoring for new events to open and solve incidents
- Perform all levels of routine network analysis
- Coordinate hot hands and other activities with vendors
- Incident Management : Proactive checkouts and monitoring to avoid service outages or limit their impact. Troubleshooting and fault isolation to restore service when necessary
- Problem Management : Create solutions from Incident Management Case Study evaluations. This includes development of the related root cause flow charts and troubleshooting procedures that streamline the time required to isolate faults, restore service and prevention of similar incidents from reoccurring
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning
- Solid Knowledge of Cisco switches and routers is essential.
- Solid Knowledge on Network Security peripherals and technologies are essential (Firewalls, IPS, IDS, DDoS, WAF)
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP and internetworking.
- Knowledge of Fortinet and Paolo Alto firewalls and F5 load balancers and anti-DDoS is essential.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols including BGP and OSPF
- Solid understanding of multicast and troubleshooting techniques
- Working knowledge of how to use network management tools
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment is essential
- 24/7 Operations Environment with rotating shifts
Interested candidates please submit your CV to email@example.com or apply online.