- Leading global networking company
Network Consulting Engineer (NCE) is a critical customer-facing role and managing customers' business outcomes across life cycle of Plan/Build/Manage and maximizing customer loyalty, satisfaction through company's services delivery value proposition. As technical representation for Customer Experience (CX) Services in front of our clients, the candidate will be expected to have strong technical acumen in Service Provider's (SP) technology. You will be expected to:
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of complex IP MPLS network which involved routing (OSPF, BGP, ISIS), Segment Routing, IPv6, Inter-AS routing, IX, QoS, VPN, Layer 2 switching, VLAN etc
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Lead design workshop and conduct detailed design of complex SP networks for green field as well as Migration of existing production network to new network.
- Generate configuration files for network deployments with testing and validations.
- Collaborates proactively with other NCE's and technology practices teams to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs (SP, other team members).
- Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
- Leads and works on projects that are strategic, of high visibility, and involve highly complex emerging technologies and solutions integration.
- Develop proactive production Network's analysis, period software recommendations.
- Conduct regular audit of customer network and highlight potential areas for improvements
- Works extensively with clients, Account Team and company's resources on developing a strategy to fix potential gaps and propose advanced solutions or services that required Network Support Systems.
- Assures that the most complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies are properly and quickly resolved to minimise the business impact.
- Acts as a focal point for critical network problem resolution.
- Ability to identify and communicate network issues to customer's management levels.
- Lead the transactional projects for assigned engagements
- Trusted advisor to customer's management levels.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge and expertise of below Cisco's products and technologies is must :
- Cisco Products : Cisco ASR routers, Cisco CRS Routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000
- Technologies : LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs , IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or Network solution designing of Cisco routers and switches is must.
- Data Centre and Data Center Interconnect experience is good to have.
- Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products would be highly preferred: Juniper / Huawei / Ericsson
- Prior experience of conducting customer workshops, high level and low level network design experience is be preferred.
- Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl would be highly preferred.
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech Engineering degree or equivalent plus 8+ years of related experience in IT industry
- Certifications - CCIE -SP (Preferred), CCIP, CCNA, CCNP
Interested candidates please submit your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.