Operations Manager, Dangerous Goods
- 12 months contract role
- New headcount to manage the process for Asia
- Well renowned social media company
This role will oversee the successful implementation and execution of Dangerous Goods (DG) programs and initiatives across facilities in the APAC region. Our client is developing augmented and virtual reality products and platforms to further connect the world. As their research and development sites are rapidly expanding, this position will ensure Hazardous Materials shipping compliance and audit readiness across various locations in APAC. We are looking for candidates who have the ability to understand all aspects of the supply chain and how DG legislation must be applied from pre-transportation in the NTI/NPI until reverse logistics and end of product life.
This position will also develop operational policy for DG in APAC and work to implement software solution for DG Classification across CMs and suppliers.
- Ensure all CMs and APAC based suppliers are on-boarded with WercSmart and apply the DG classification from our client's systems towards managing their DG compliance on every outbound movement of the supply chain.
- Own DG pre-transportation, Incident Reporting (including monitoring and DG Transportation Security), Emergency Response Information, and Inbound transportation for Asia as well as support DG Forward and Reverse Logistics Teams in region.
- Coordinate with research and development as well as operational sites in Asia and partner with EHS- Sustainability - GSSPS - Security- Sourcing to further the DG Compliance program and partnership already established in the US (ensure our client is complying with federal, state and local DG related laws, rules, regulations and governmental orders).
- Partner with EHS Engineering to ensure successful handover of new equipment classification and new buildings as well as permits required for transportation for offices in APAC.
- Ensure facility transportation response plans and DG emergency response plans are in place and effectively implemented.
- Promote DG awareness through various communication channels.
- Partner with Battery Team-Product Compliance to track product certifications against PDP process to ensure launch milestones are being met, highlight blockers, risks and create mitigation plans.
- Manage and perform DG audits in partnership with EHS-Sustainability to ensure vendor compliance (200 battery programs & 2,000 vendors).
- Has a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related field
- Has 6+ years of work experience in Dangerous Goods
- Has 3+ years of experience in operations, preferably in consumer hardware environment
- Has experience with IATA DGR, ADR, JT/T 617, and UN Model Regulations
- Has IATA Cat 6 Certification
- Has ADR Certification
- Experience with Australia, New Zealand or Japan markets would be an advantage
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.