- 12 months contract
- Work location: WFH until further notice or CBD
- Leading global digital payment company headquartered in US
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the best practices, architectural guidelines and policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participate in on-call rotation.
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain Oracle and PostgreSQL databases in production and non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment (with Data Guard & Golden Gate for Oracle and Streaming & Logical Replications for PostgreSQL).
- Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
- Write/maintain Shell/Python scripts for DB automation.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's and performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, and develop database specifications, table and element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- 7-10 years of DBA experience managing PostgreSQL & Oracle databases (including Oracle RAC)
- 4-5 years of DBA experience managing logical & physical replication for PostgreSQL and Oracle database
- Strong Python/Perl scripting skill and experience in tools like Ansible
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Curiosity and tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Proficient in Oracle database fundamentals and Architecture.
- Proficient in Oracle database security management
- Proficient in Oracle DataGuard and GoldenGate replication
- Good Understanding of PostgreSQL database fundamentals and Architecture.
- Good Understanding of PostgreSQL database security management
- Good Understanding of PostgreSQL streaming and logical replication
- Should have good Troubleshooting and Performance Improvement Skills including index creation, query optimization, schema changes etc.
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Any experience developing DBaaS offerings will be a plus
- Ability to modify and integrate database and related products and develop solutions to achieve required capabilities for Persistence/DB layer.
- Experience configuring PostgreSQL monitoring using Prometheus end points, Grafana etc
- Any contribution to PostgreSQL community will be a plus.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline and code versioning tools such as Git.
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact May Anne Ramos (EA Reg no: R1110127) at email@example.com for more information.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.