- A familiar brand in Singapore's public-sector industry.
- Attractive contract package and benefits (18 days AL, performance bonus, etc.)
As a Oracle DBA, your role will be:
- Responsible for designing the database's architecture and modelling strategies to ensure that the database is secure, scalable and performs reliably.
- Ensures necessary data model design and policy compliance.
- Work with the application development team to define the application data model and work on tuning and optimizing database related operation.
- Point of contact to principal vendors for software and hardware.
- Provides production support and responsible for the resolution of database related issues and duty rotation for after-office-hours support.
- Provides support on to application team on database related matters (e.g. data patching, application deployments, extracting data from database for reporting)
- Plan and strategize data mapping for migration of data from legacy systems to support the deployment of the project, ensuring no data loss during conversion.
- Review data mapping/conversion/integration specs between systems to ensure appropriate mapping quality and adherence to modelling strategies.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of data sync during co-existence with legacy systems.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining database-related codes / scripts such as data sync scripts, data masking scripts, stored procedures etc
- Ensure database services and servers availability
- Install and configure Oracle Database and associated products
- Provide operational support including
- Ensuring Oracle database patches are performed in accordance to the patch release cycle
- Reviewing and maintaining of database accounts
- Monitoring and optimising database performance, such as optimising queries, creating indexes etc
- Capacity planning
- Configuring RMAN backup on database
- Ensuring Oracle database is hardening in accordance to company's standards
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary Education (Degree or Diploma) in relevant field is preferred
- Working experience with Oracle 11g database or above in an Oracle RAC Active-Active environment setup, including setting up and managing the environment.
- Strong working experience in PL/SQL scripting
- Experience in working with ETL and data co-existence technology with legacy systems.
- Expected to acquire some domain knowledge to develop and maintain the stored procedures, data masking scripts and data sync script
- Experience in Oracle 12 will be added advantage
- Experience in AWS RDS will be added advantage
- Experience with DB audit and security will be added advantage
- Experience with data masking products will be added advantage
- Experience with Oracle database on Solaris Cluster setup will be added advantage
- Experience with MSSQL will be added advantage
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good team player and meticulous
- Passionate in championing the team to continuously improve to deliver quality software product
- Candidates must be open to 9 mos contract with option to extend
Interested candidates please submit your CV to email@example.com or apply online