This role is responsible for leading a cross functional and matrix team within the IT and business domains to deliver projects on time and on budget meeting the business objectives. The Project Manager will have to manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity at any point in time.
One of the largest listed Singapore companies on the Singapore Exchange by market capitalisation, having a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the USA.
- Stakeholder management and communications. The role requires extensive engagement with senior management.
- Project and delivery management.
- Manage programs and projects within the IT domains and own the complete end to end project management accountability
- Develop, manage and improve stakeholder relations - both internal and external
- Use of project management artefacts to ensure effective outcomes such as:
- Accuracy of forecasting
- Delivery timelines and schedules are met
- Adherence to quality standards
- Ensure compliance to Project Management policies and procedures
- Lead in the identification of business impacts resulting from project implementation and proactively manage them
- Support the Delivery team with appropriate resource, reporting and financial management inputs
- Deliver financial submissions and updates to sponsors and senior stakeholders in accordance with capital management processes
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts and reconciliations against budget to ensure forecasting variance maintained within 10%
- Resolving program/project escalated issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments
- Prepare resource plans and manage ongoing resource forecasts
- Lead & motivate a core team of cross functional members from across several teams (including Commercial, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, IT, Engineering, Testing teams) to deliver the best possible project outcome. This role also involves managing offshore teams & vendors.
- Ensure a high standard and continuous development of market knowledge, business unit operations, consultative and presentation skills, education and experience relevant to the role
- Financial Management. The role is tasked with meeting both key program/project delivery milestones along with financial and customer-centric KPIs.
- Contract and vendor management. A significant component of this role requires working with internal employees, contractors and third party vendors to deliver quality outcomes for the business. The PM will need to manage the entire procurement process leading to successful vendor selection through standard tender processes.
- Bachelor's degree with recognized Project Management Certifications
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills. Very strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in delivery of complex IT applications projects within a matrix environment
- Experience managing vendor engagements
- Experience in procurement process - managing tenders and negotiating contracts
- Minimum 6 years of project management experience for PM and 10 years for Senior PM
- People management skills and skill to lead, motivate and develop teams of industry professionals to solve culturally diverse technical and business issues.
- Strong financial and commercial management skills are required to ensure financial budgets are managed effectively and program delivers to sponsor's expectations.
- Experience delivery Telco projects
- Experience in delivering projects in agile delivery methodologies
- Experience in vendor environment as well end-user environment
You may send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for review or apply online.