We are seeking an energetic Security Engineer to serve as a technical resource and leader. The Security Engineer will assist in working with new clients as they transition to our SOC service. This includes ensuring timely deployment of services, developing a personalized on-boarding strategy for each customer and auditing of systems reporting from the client to our Security Operation Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the onboarding and implementation of SOC service and Managed Security Services solutions for all clients across industries and geographic locations.
- Act as a technical liaison for customers during the onboarding process.
- Review technical security posture (network, application, and database) for existing and newly acquired businesses or services.
- Perform security reviews and monitoring of the production environment.
- Perform the installation and configuration of security monitoring tools in support of our SOC service.
- Use out of the box thinking as well as industry standard troubleshooting tools, such as, Wireshark, TCPDUMP, and other tools, to facilitate on-boarding of customer data sources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in Information Technology IT Security in a SOC or NOC environment working with a broad range of technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general networking and security principles and practices required including previous work experience in areas such as Network Administration, Network Engineering, Security Engineering, and Security Administration.