Essential Job Functions
- Provides design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development.
- Provides design expertise in support of development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
- Acts as liaison between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated. Works with product development teams and senior designers in developing design requirements that are accurate and relevant to company needs.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing gathered information in technical research and in evaluating tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards. Develops and provides technical documentation; participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Participates in business process work sessions, project meetings and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
- Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to explain the application design, and coordinates activities between the two functions to enhance product quality and efficiency.
- Utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
- Two or more years of product design and support experience
- Experience working with software design, software development life cycle, and development methodologies and implementation
- Experience working with product systems design principles
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with company application development policies and procedures
- Direct experience with one of SFDC Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Knowledge (application design, architecture and development using Salesforce.com), Salesforce.com communities.
- More than 5 years of Salesforce experience required
- Strong SFDC knowledge and Integration components for SFDC (for example, SFDC APIs(SOAP, REST, BULK APIs), Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callout, outbound messaging, SFDC data loaders, etc.)
- Strong technical foundation including; Advanced structured programming - APEX, Force.com, Java, etc., understanding of RDMS concepts and structures, knowledge of SQL, structured system analysis and design methods, etc.
- Understands complex ETL and data migration practices and has performed at least 1 complex data migration to Salesforce.com.
- Work with functional leads to transform and develop new requirements into design, implementation.
- Ability to comprehend client requirements and provide the Business Solutions.
- Effectively work with management and other remote development staff to accomplish Salesforce.com project deliverables.
- Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to function in a team
- Strong Communications Skills
- Analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills at multiple product
- Communication skills to communicate with application developers, customers, support personnel and management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team