Space & Power Network Deployment Engineer
- 12 months contract role, with possible extension or conversion to a permanent role
- Well renowned social media company
We are looking for a Space & Power Network Deployment Engineer who would be responsible for managing and supporting one of the world's largest and most complex networks. You will have a unique opportunity to be involved in POP Infrastructure design, Space & Power related critical infrastructure projects and be involved in all aspects of Networking
- Execute regional space & power, cabling and other infrastructure requirements in support of edge network requirements, present and future.
- Engage in system level facility sizing of Utilities, Switchgear, UPS/DC Power Plant, PDUs, mechanical cooling and LV distribution.
- Design/Plan new site electrical/mechanical critical infrastructure for Data Center sites.
Proactively engage with various Data Center operators in evaluating their facilities and recommend corrective actions to meet standard design baseline requirements.
- Work with Engineers and design and draw layout of edge/pop sites floor plans, allocate space assigned to network function, optical, backbone, IP, compute, etc.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Execute all SOW Engineering design packages related to new or existing edge/pop sites as per ENS standards.
Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
- Understand the overall needs of current and future POP infrastructure.
- Guide retrospective reviews of completed projects with teams to incorporate lessons learned into the team's future roadmaps & goals.
- Ensure processes are being followed and all documentation and systems are delivered as per set standards.
Involved in site acceptance process for new POP sites.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of Telecom Central Offices, Data Center, Collocations and Remote Hut environments as well as engineering principles regarding power and other infrastructure. Prior experience with communication and directing tasks to vendors/suppliers is needed. MEP focused PE/CE Engineers are also highly preferred.
Here are the minimum qualifications for this role:
- BS/BE Electrical Engineering Degree
- Has 7-8 years of electrical engineer work
- Outstanding proficiency with AutoCAD/AutoDesk tools.
- Knowledge of engineering principles of the infrastructure architecture (space line up, air flow, cooling etc.)
- Knowledge of Telecom Central Offices, Data Center, Collocations and Remote Hut environments, to include engineering principles regarding power and other infrastructure.
- Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, data centers and Central Office environments.
- Technical knowledge of various regional Data Center electrical and cooling configurations, IEC, NEMA standards, AC/DC power, power redundancy scenarios.
- Basic knowledge of optical theory, transport technologies and the operation of optical transport systems.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing situations and utilizing troubleshooting experience, systems and tools, and problem solving. Hands on experience on Power related projects is a plus.
- Experience working in a global team environment and with limited supervision.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.