The client is looking for a Subsea Network operations Engineer responsible for the managing and support of one of the world's largest and most complex networks. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to support, upgrade and maintain network devices and be involved in all aspects of networking with a global Internet company.
- Technical support to drive subsea vendor teams for installation, network integration, subsea performance test and engineering services for our global submarine operations.
- Collaborate with Program Managers, Procurement, Engineering, Installation teams and vendors to provide feedback on the site design requirements and acceptance from deployment team.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
- Understand the overall needs of current and future CLS and POP infrastructure.
- Guide retrospective reviews of completed projects with teams to incorporate lessons learned into team's future roadmaps & goals.
- Drive monthly operations review with third party sub field vendors and sub sea fiber providers.
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers to ensure key decisions are captured and all necessary documentation for support and troubleshooting are maintained. Document end-to-end business process (workflows) as they are defined throughout the program.
- Ensure processes are in place to ensure all documentation and systems are delivered to Operations as well as ensuring the team are trained and equipped to support the operation of the newly deployed subsea network.
- Manage expectations of all interested parties - define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates. Maintain deployment status reporting and provide frequent deployment updates. Identify, communicate and manage risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Be able to identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program.
- Network hardware platforms and architectures including Ciena, Infinera, Nokia, Cisco WDM Equipment.
- 10% to 30% of travel required.
- Experience in Subsea Operations and Technology.
- Technical experience in telecommunication networks with focus in the subsea optical transport networks including DWDM, network infrastructures, IP Networking equipment, optical testing, optical measurement principles, experience with photonic layer.
- Knowledge of Operations & Maintenance for the optical Transport Products.
- Hands-on experience with optical communication equipment including optical amplifiers, coherent transponders and other WDM equipment as well as associated tools and test equipment.
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact Jerry Qiu (EA Reg. No. R1219180) on +65 6429 1246 for more information.
Chandler Macleod Group is a brand of Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd EA Licence: 08C5248