- Central location
- 6+ months contract
- Attractive salary package
One of the global technology and business services company.
Our client is seeking one systems engineer to deploy and maintain the operations of its consumer hardware manufacturing systems. This position is responsible for building and supporting manufacturing infrastructure, line stations and connectivity between sites to ensure the success of the Consumer Hardware group. This individual should have deep technical knowledge and have the ability to discuss and apply technical solutions to business challenges. This position is part of the Enterprise Engineering organization and will be based in a Central location in Singapore for an initial 6 months contract. The contract may be renewable.
- Responsible for the deployment and support of manufacturing lines stations and back end infrastructure.
- Maintain all stations on the line: Troubleshooting, Break/Fix, Imaging and Replacement
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Develop strong partnerships with third-party contract manufacturers needed to ensure seamless delivery at manufacturing sites.
- Work closely with software and data engineering teams to ensure application environments and infrastructures are built and closely optimized for each other.
- Integrate security into all layers of the environment in order to protect sensitive data stored on systems at third party sites and in cloud environments.
- Ensure excellent support, stability and maximum uptime for manufacturing systems infrastructure across globally dispersed sites and cloud environments.
- Perform problem management and incident correlation on re-occurring issues; suggest and document workarounds and solutions.
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshoot, patch management and conduct root-cause analysis for any issues escalated on systems and line stations.
- Install, configure and patch new OS and upgrades for infrastructure related services.
- Must be capable of independent problem-solving and is self-motivated.
- Must be willing to travel and on call operation support is required.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following skills and experience:
- Technical degree at the Bachelor's level required or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of Linux, Kickstart, Netboot, NFS and DHCP experience. (CentOS)
- In depth knowledge in troubleshooting lines stations, GDM, performance and network/wifi related issues.
- 3 + years of experience in core Windows infrastructure, including Active Directory, certificate services, DNS, DHCP, and various other core network/service-oriented protocols.
- 3 + years of scripting experience with hands on setting up bind, postfix, ntp and syslog services.
- Knowledge of access through SSH / RDP
- Knowledge with remote server access (KVM over IP)
- 2 + years of experience in configuration management. (Ansible).
- 2 + years working knowledge with vmware and its related technologies.
- Fundamental networking, distributed computing environment and basic routing concepts.
- Working knowledge with open source monitoring tools such as Nagios.
- Manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Chinese (Mandarin) language skill is necessary to communicate to the current manufacturing personnel.
Interested candidates can send your resume to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia or apply online.