- Contract role until December 2021
- Competitive compensation package
- A Fortune Global 500 company
Our client is revamping their Learning & Development/ Onboarding program at a regional level, impacting more than 9 countries. We are assembling a Skunkworks-like team of smart, talented creatives and changemakers who want to do great work with awesome people and set a new global standard in corporate learning. Our client's strategy views learning as an experience to be designed and hits four key pillars: curriculum, content, people, and platform. The most ambitious aspect of the strategy is the development of digital content: stories, videos, infographics, sales scripts, and interactive tools. These carefully architected learning assets enable remote and online learning as well as classroom-based skills building at a whole new level.
This job is as much about doing as it is about leading. We need people who are unafraid to roll up their sleeves and do some nitty gritty work. We also need those who can discover and understand context quickly so that they can turn their superpowers to bringing our client's strategy alive. If you're okay with that, then here's a sampling of what our client would ask of you -
- Develop the curriculum. This is our client's point of view on learning, including pedagogical and epistemological principles. It looks at knowledge, skill, and behaviour needed to drive performance across agency roles. Its architecture makes scaling across our client's global enterprise more doable.
- Build and launch learning products. Our client is building an entirely new curriculum for their learners, with learning solutions that comprise digital, instructor-led, and work-based experiences. These solutions must be holistic, immersive, and designed to drive desired behaviors, outcomes, and ROI.
- Build and rally the team. The aspirations for the Skunkworks-like team are genuine. That means we must hire top caliber talent and cultivate a purpose-led, customer-focused culture.
- Shape and oversee IT projects. Our client has selected Litmos as their LMS solution. It has already been deployed, but much work remains to drive adoption. They may have to build other business applications that integrate with Litmos APIs to meet the unique needs of each country's business.
- Work with and manage vendors. The team you will be joining will be a small but mighty team of creatives. While it will design and develop content in-house, it must also seek to leverage crowdsourcing platforms, remote teams, and local vendors to achieve additional capacity and capability.
- Do the odd job here and there. This will be a scrappy team, and even the big bosses will have to roll up their sleeves to plan conferences, onboard vendors, track down invoices, get IT permissions, etc. This will be particularly true as they work with nine (9) in-country teams.
You must have experience in leading teams, managing projects, and liaising with senior stakeholders. A working knowledge of content development and prior experience in large-scale transformation projects is preferred.
We are considering candidates from all backgrounds with a mix of these talents -
- Designer. You're a creative. You have good taste. You have no qualms sketching or doodling, and you enjoy telling an engaging and convincing story.
- Synthesizer. You are a systems thinker. You can tame complexity. You have a love-hate relationship with ambiguity. You can turn disparate data into themes, patterns, and insights.
- Writer. You can write. Full stop. Ok, perhaps we should say more: articulating thoughts and concepts in written form with impeccable style is second nature to you.
- Futurist. You know your way around technology. You can readily conceptualize applications for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and augmented/virtual reality to reinvent learning.
- Conductor. You can get an orchestra to play, even if doesn't want to. You can manage projects and marshal the essential functions of bureaucracy - and its cast of characters - to deliver results.
Please apply even if you've not achieved mastery across the board… as long as you're intrigued by the prospect of reimagining corporate learning.
It's difficult to put a range of experience on this role. In traditional terms, the ideal candidate would be a mid-career professional with 10-15 years of experience. However, we also realise that high-potential, early-career candidates may have the necessary bona fides, and we'll assess those candidacies on a case-by-case basis.
Finally, you must be a bit quirky and have a sense of humour!
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.