Technical Account Manager
- Permanent position based in Manila, Philippines
- 1 position available
- A multinational cybersecurity company
Our client is expanding their APAC Advanced Services teams, and they are looking for a passionate Technical Account Manager to deliver technical support excellence to high profile customers within the APAC region.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, to gather and analyse information and skilfully develop alternative solutions for customers.
As a member of the Advanced Services Team, you will build and maintain a long-term trusted advisor relationship with key customers, while providing best in class technical solutions. You will work with research and development groups, sales teams and regional support teams in a fast-paced environment.
For this position, you have to demonstrate experience in participating in the post-sales support escalation processes, which includes pre-sales experience, as well as strong customer facing skills particular in the telco and large enterprise space.
This position requires strong oral and written communication skills. Oral communication skills include the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, to listen carefully to ensure full understanding of the situation, and to respond well to questions when dealing with both positive and negative situations. The position also requires the ability to write clearly to provide full information as well as to understand and interpret written information.
- Advanced troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
- Track, maintain and prioritize technical cases including proper escalation until case closure
- Take initiatives and ownership of customer incidents to drive for timely resolutions
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
- Participate in customer conference calls or face to face customer meetings to discuss technical issues and ongoing projects
- Reproduce customer environments on lab equipment, recommend potential new solutions
- Produce reports to summarize service activity and performance
- Report Software/Hardware related issues to R&D department and assure followup
- Develop best practices deployment and troubleshooting documentation
- Create technical documentation and bulletins to improve internal and external knowledge base
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
- 6-8 years of experience in a technical support role
- Strong understanding of data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Effective communication and customer management skills
- Experience in security products and technologies (e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DDos, VPN, Web application Firewall)
- Previously worked in a technical support position with the telco and large enterprise space.
- Deep working knowledge of Windows, Linux or Unix MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Previous experience on Fortinet products is an advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
- Strong English communication skill (written and spoken) and other languages are an advantage.
Interested candidates can send their resume to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia or apply online.