Good Selling Point
- IT System Integration Company with wide global presence
- Working with latest cutting-edge technology
- Perm Role with attractive package and salary
- Good career prospect and project exposure
About our client
Our client is one of the largest IT system integration company with global presence, which has been using the latest cutting-edge technology for government project as well as commercial project. It is exciting opportunity to join our client as they are expanding their business in Asia Pacific, Europe and other part of the world.
- Liaison with the various support test data and environment support vendors to enable the provisioning/configuration, maintenance, change control, and use of physical/logical system environments (hardware, software, data).
- Developing and maintaining a Test Data and Test Environments Inventory and the related documentation, including descriptions, high level specifications, diagrams, charts, graphical representations; working with the IP Retention Specialist to ensure these are appropriately catalogues and stored.
- Working collaboratively with the Solution Designers and Test Leads on assigned projects and enable provisioning/configuring test data & test environments as required for functional and non-functional testing.
- Reviewing design/test documentation on assigned projects and providing input to the Test Environment Manager towards the definition of the test data and environment strategy for the project.
- Reviewing design/test documentation on assigned projects to ensure test environment approach is achievable.
- Proactively managing test environments / test data in scope to ensure they are available as per time scheduling requirements of engaged projects.
- Performing test environment sanity checks prior to handing over to the project and test teams.
- Analyzing new projects for environment impacts from the test environment bookings received.
- Understanding testing environment touch points to analyze and comprehend changes in order to properly assess testing impacts.
- Working with Test Managers / Solution Designers / Domain Leads to ensure that modifications made to the test environments as part of testing do not negatively impact other projects sharing the same test environment.
- Conducting analysis of changes to scope and schedule for the project and highlighting any potential interdependencies or risks to the Test Managers and Project Management Team.
- Following test environment design as per corporate standards and policies.
- Ensure strict adherence to defined Release Management processes and Service Level Agreements across all assigned projects.
- Publishing environment related architecture documentation for projects to communicate environment information as needed.
- Providing daily maintenance for the test environments and coordinate any updates or outages.
- Providing test environment on-call/ weekend support as per the roster.
- Conducting Root Cause analysis for test data and environment defects and take appropriate action based on determination of defect root cause.
- Performing environment coordination and metric gathering, to monitor and guarantee the uptime of test environments.
- Creating, documenting, and maintain reporting tools and daily/weekly/monthly reports that are needed to support the test data and environment management function.
- Leading test data and environment support services across multiple projects without compromising the quality of service on each individual project.
- Maintaining central tracking on assigned projects to allow all stakeholders to determine the status of the test environments in terms of release level and test booking status.
- Implementing demand forecasting and capacity planning in terms of environment and other infrastructure to ensure optimum utilization of the test environments.
- The Test Environment Lead must be able to understand the end to end support and delivery lifecycle for test data and environments, as well as assist in the identification of unforeseen issues proactive monitoring and rectification of environment incidents.
- An IT or related tertiary qualification and 9-10 years Test Environments Management experience
- Min 7-8 years working in release/configuration management, architecture, infrastructure design and/or software development.
- Experience in complex test environment set up and architecture (Linux, Unix based systems, network, storage, database, with focus on capacity planning, sizing, technical performance and different infrastructure tools used to deliver the services).
- General technical knowledge of CPU, network, storage, database, Operating System, application development tools.
- Understands and has experience in ITIL Framework and service management. Understands and has experience of metric and measurement frameworks for Test Environment Management Services (TEMS).
- Experience in all elements of the Test Life Cycle i.e. planning, specification, execution, recording, completion and defect management.
- Demonstrated technical competency test data and test environment management.
- Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server Database
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Solaris, Linux
- Experience in using test tools eg. HP ALM QC/PC v11.00 or higher, HP Vugen LoadRunner and analysis, HP BAC diagnostics, HP Sitescope, HP RUM, HP BPM, HP UFT, TOSCA, Selenium with Cucumber/Ruby