Responsible for researching, planning and producing holistic experience concepts and specifications that optimize the user experience across all medium (hardware, software, environment, etc), for specific touch points of the complete solution; for the mutual benefit of both user and business.
Responsible for gaining user insights and leveraging them to drive design direction or improve existing designs. Work within this job family falls into three major categories: (1) enhancements - changes to original design and extensions to existing programs. (2) new experience designs (3) strategic experience design - new or improved ecosystem experience, experience architecture, etc.
- Research and designs user experience solutions for products and service lines based on established design principles and in accordance with design strategy, practices, and guidelines.
- Plans, validates, and implements research methods to test and gather user experience data; analyzes, evaluates, describes, and reports results and recommendations to design stakeholders
- Develops and implements user experience design plans, changes, specifications, and reusable design elements for new and existing products
- Collaborates with management, internal, and outsourced design and development partners to coordinate design activities, evaluate concepts and offerings, and recommend and implement changes to products or services to improve user experience.
- Represents the user experience design team for all phases of larger and more-complex development and design projects and programs.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Design, Human Factors Engineering, Social Sciences research, or equivalent
- Minimum 4-6 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to information technology and consumer product and service design
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for user experience testing and acceptance
- Evaluating designs and making recommendations for improvements to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall user experience.