Workplace Solution Designer
- 12 months contract role
- 1 position available
- Opportunity to work with a big brand
- A leading Communications company
The role is accountable for the architecture, support, design, delivery, and integration of Core Infrastructure systems and Workplace Services for the company.
This role is accountable for taking marketing/business requirements and Architecture designs, and translate them into cost-effective technical, functional, and operational design specifications (with cost and schedule associated) and work/negotiate with Engineering team to deliver the solutions all the way through into post-go-live.
The candidate plays a strategic function in enabling the company to materially reduce costs and improve service quality. The candidate has to ensure that the vendor delivers solutions that are flexible, extensible and meets functionality, operational and scalability requirements.
The role will participate in technology selection and support project management.
- Experience in evaluating and managing technical, business issues and risks and the associated complexity in the environment.
- Thorough understanding of core Infrastructure and workplace delivery lifecycle as well as the enablement and convergence of both services.
- A particular strength required of this role is a deep working understanding of the AD, VDI, Server, Storage, Network and Cloud functions and how this is presented to the User.
- This role requires a strong ability to orchestrate outsourced delivery. Candidate should be able to develop a greater internal capability to architect innovative solutions while working with technology partners to execute the delivery of these solutions.
The Ideal Candidate would have:
- Industry certification, e.g. MSCE, CCNP qualifications are highly desirable
- Has 6+ years of work experience in one or multiple IT areas
- Professional/ Technical skills:
- Knowledge of command structures and system component relationships for latest generation Network and Security infrastructure
- IT Infrastructure and Cloud development
- Engineering and software architecture design
- Business Analysis
- Broad Technical knowledge of all Infrastructure Technologies:
- Servers (RISC, x86, Mainframe, etc.)
- Operating Systems
- Storage and Backup
- Networking - Voice, Video and Data
- Security - Firewalls, Intrusion and Data Loss Prevention
- End User Technology
- Project and product management
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep Analytical skills
- Project and resource management skills
- Work collaboratively
- Influence and negotiate
Interested candidates can send their resume to Maricris.Fermin@peoplebank.asia or apply online.