Associate Director, Solutions - Digital Technologies
- Permanent position
- Competitive remuneration package
A leading communications company.
We are in search of an Associate Director for our client, who will be responsible for challenging the status quo and bringing innovative and differentiated thinking within the organization. The position will lead cross domain projects working with business stakeholders and providing solutions using and assessing emerging technologies.
As a lead, the selected candidate is expected to provide business and technical solutions in order to deliver results that will make an impact. Candidates must have experience in complex B2B integrations and able to work with testers and operations to ensure that solutions are of high quality and can be operated easily. This is a hands-on technical role, mentoring others with your knowledge. To be considered for this position, one must have a broad understanding of industry trends and emerging technologies as well as a proven track record of delivering challenging projects.
We are looking for someone with experience in building and deploying with AWS or cloud type environment and have worked in a fully automated environment. The candidate must have worked in a continuously BAU environment and understand how to deliver a system that can be supported and maintained.
Our client needs someone who can work in an agile environment, and have done test driven development. The candidate must be a stickler for quality and good design, but understand the importance of delivering business value early. He/she should be able to design an incremental software development plan that can fit into a continuous delivery cycle. He/she must understand the value of test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and regression test coverage.
- Delivering New Application
- Solution and Design
- Business engagement - Demand management, requirements analysis, acts as a product owner and prioritize backlog
- Hands on Development on frameworks
- Mentor and leading team
- Subject matter expert in any one of these domains - E/M-Commerce, Customer / Partner relationship management
- Define system-level application architecture that includes high-level design, architectural policies and principles, design and programming guidelines, implementation risks and mitigation measures, software development and integration strategies, software configuration controls, etc
- Maintain control over the solution throughout the entire software development lifecycle by continuously making critical adjustments to the solution to ensure desired results are achieved
- Involve in requirement analysis phase to ensure the implementation feasibility of functional specifications. Highlight requirement gaps, disproportional construction efforts, technical challenges and any other issues to business analyst teams
- Provide technical leadership in the development through established design and development methodologies, to ensure system meets functional and system requirements
- Engage customers to explain the rationale of architecture's selection, or other technical issues
- Ensure best practices, frameworks and re-useable components are employed in the development project
- Understand Information Security standards, methodologies and practices.
- Design and deliver complex security solutions that integrate an effective and efficient network infrastructure design.
- Develop and strengthen new and existing Stakeholder & Partnership relationships.
- Trouble-shoot technical problems faced by the project team.
- Contribution to organizational development thru sharing best practices. Developing and conducting technical courses.
- Coach, train and mentor junior architects
- Be involved in pre-sale activities as solution architect
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or its equivalent.
- At least 8 years of experience with substantial project work in software design & development
- Experience in designing solutions using appropriate platforms and system technologies such as enterprise database design, web and application server and network technologies
- Experience in payment or telco billing related system is good to have
- Ability to lead, develop and maintain respectful and trusting relationship
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Able to travel as required
- Good working knowledge of Amazon Cloud Services such as EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, ElasticCache, CloudFront, Route53, RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Good knowledge in Java technology and its related framework or technologies
- Practical knowledge in Agile and DevOps environments, open source technologies and related tools
- Knowledge/Experience in Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Knowledge/Experience in Agile Development and Management tools, e.g. Jira, Nexus, Bamboo, Jenkins, Sonar, Selenium, Bitbucket