- Contract role until December 2021
- Competitive compensation package
- A Fortune Global 500 company
We are looking for a Creative Generalist who is muti-skilled in digital content production, with a strong background on video production. More importantly, we need someone who has the desire and courage to learn and try new roles and responsibilities. This role will be part of a team who is developing digital content (e.g. stories, videos, infographics, sales scripts, and interactive tools) to enable remote and online learning as well as classroom-based skills building.
This job is as much about discovering, understanding, and synthesizing as it is about planning for, shooting, and then producing videos and other learning materials that all share a common visual language and tone of voice. We need someone who's unafraid to quickly learn the needs, desires, and contexts of agency force so that they can use their content creation superpowers to empower those learners. If you're ok with that, then here's a sense of what our client would ask of you -
- Help plan a content production roadmap. The team is building an entirely new curriculum for learners, with an emphasis on digital content. Thus, the need for clear, compelling, and coherent videos, materials, and collaterals is massive. The team is aware that all cannot be done at once so it's important that you are able to identify what's doable, make a plan, and then prioritize accordingly.
- Design graphics, templates, and materials. Regardless of their form, the designs must have a common visual language, tell clear stories, and build memorable mental models. The content won't come from thin air, as you'll have ready access to writers and subject matter experts. Bonus points if you're a follower of Edward Tufte's work on information design.
- Distill and redesign existing content into powerful infographics. Our client has piles and piles of existing content that has been developed over the years in different eras under different leadership. The information is rich, but the density is lacking, as the content plays out mostly over a series of PowerPoint slides.
- Shoot raw footage and produce videos. Due to the scrappy nature of this team, we need someone to both shoot and produce videos that comport with our client's visual language. This involves the full cycle of scheduling, venue, equipment, setup, conducting the interview, etc. Then it involves taking that raw footage and turning it into bite-size learning that wows.
- Work with and manage vendors. The team you will be joining will be a small but mighty team of creatives. While it will design and develop content in-house, it must also seek to leverage crowdsourcing platforms, remote teams, and local vendors to achieve additional capacity and capability. This would allow you to identify others to help deliver according to the roadmap.
We are considering candidates from all backgrounds with a mix of these talents -
- Storyteller. You can tell a story - through videos, narrative, infographics, etc. People pay attention to you because your story-based media help them make sense of a messy world.
- Videographer. You love to plan for, set up, and shoot footage. You love the interaction with people and make for a lighthearted mood that sets conditions for authenticity.
- Designer. You're a creative. You have good taste, and you find joy in creating content, whether videos, stories, infographics, or all of the above - with a bit of magic dust.
- Synthesizer. You can tame complexity. You have a love-hate relationship with ambiguity. You can turn disparate data into themes, patterns, and insights.
- Collaborator. You can work with a range of stakeholders. You can build on the ideas of others and always adopt a can-do attitude. Your involvement is actively sought after.
There's no minimum length of experience required, as we'll assess your candidacy more on what you've done and have the potential to do, and less on your years of experience.
Finally, you must be a bit quirky and have a sense of humour!
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.