Applicaiton Developer Lead
- Contract period of 12 months with an option to extend for another 12 months
- Competitive overall package and benefits (18 AL, 14 ML, Other Leave Entitlement, Performance Bonuses, Yearly Training Sponsorship etc)
- Good project exposure and career growth in different area
- Posibility for perm conversion
- A familiar brand in public sector industry.
- Lead a team of developers to deliver high quality software using Agile methodology
- Champion software design and architecture best practices and provide guidance to developers in technical design and strategy.
- Champion Agile technical practices such as test-driven development, pair programming and refactoring.
- Lead by example and involve in hands-on application development and deployment.
- Represent the development team in various project governance meetings
- Work closely and collaborate with other members of the team, including Business Analysts and Quality Engineers for user stories elaboration, test automation, bug fixes etc.
- Work closely with Product Owner and Business Analysts to provide inputs on best way to prioritise business stories and technical tasks to achieve optimal development for the team.
- Work closely with DevOps team on planning out, setting up and improving on continuous integration, build and release automation.
- Providing estimates for stories during sprint planning with Business Analysts and Quality Engineers.
- Work with Scrum Master / Project Manager to plan out funding required to procure software / equipment required for the project.
- Work with other tech leads to plan and prioritize technical tasks and spikes ahead beyond the current development work
- Determine and lead the technical resolution (if any) of any Blockers raised during Retrospective
- Tertiary Education (Degree or Diploma) in relevant field is preferred
- Hands-on experience in leading a team doing web or backend application development
- Strong experience in Java EE and/or Node.js to build software
- Strong experience in leading development team using Agile software development and technical practices (e.g. test driven development, pair programming, clean code etc)
- Experience in architecting software using Microservice architecture
- Experience in working with large agile teams. Familiarity with LeSS will be added advantage
- Working experience with interfacing using SOAP/REST API technologies will be added advantage
- Working experience in full-stack Java development will be added advantage
- Working experience in container technology such as docker will be added advantage
- Working experience in setting up CI/CD will be added advantage
- Working experience in Oracle database, SQL and PLSQL scripting will be added advantage
- Working experience in automated testing using scripts or tools will be added advantage
- Working experience in using OutSystems and JBoss EAP will be an added advantage
Interested candidate please submit your updated resume to George.email@example.com