Project Manager (Retail Banking)
- 18 months contract role (project will end in December 2022)
- Work location: Central or work from home
- A multinational bank
- Role is for their Retail Bank division
The Project Manager will lead the execution of a project plan to transition customer contracts which reference to the LIBOR benchmark to an alternate benchmark, across 10 consumer banking markets in Asia and EMEA, before the LIBOR benchmark sunsets at end 2021.
Regulators around the world have decided to sunset the LIBOR benchmark for 5 currencies, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY, EUR by the end of 2021. Therefore, the bank has kicked off a project to transition to
new alternate benchmarks to be decided by each of the five central banks.
- Maintain a detailed transition project plan for the Asia and EMEA region for the consumer bank
- Lead and guide country teams to execute against the project plan
- Prepare regular updates to the franchise project management office (PMO)
- Liaise with legal, risk and control functions and draft documents to obtain internal approvals to implement the new alternative benchmark by product and country
- Lead and document various workstream meetings across countries and regional functions (legal, compliance, decision management, marketing, products, operations, technology, risk, treasury)
- Manage and collate deliverables from each work stream and ensure adherence to project timelines.
- Degree holder
- Has 5+ years of consumer banking experience
- Has at least 2 years of project management experience
- With multi-country or regional experience
- Knowledge on LIBOR benchmark would be an advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong communicator, with the ability to drive teams across multiple geographies towards common goals
- A self-starter and a problem solver
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.