Senior Data Center Engineer
- Regional exposure
- Competitive benefits
- Contributing as a senior technical resource in a small team servicing equipment data centers throughout Asia
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing the assets of technology hardware
- Working autonomously to resolve hardware, software, and service issues, and coordinating with remote teams to troubleshoot advanced problems
- Participating in project planning, architecture, and change management activities.
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress and update project documentation including rack elevations, port mappings, layout diagrams, inventory schedules, etc.
- Handling equipment orders, returns, shipments, and general inventory management.
- Working flexible hours when required including late nights and weekends (Individuals typically keep predictable daytime schedules during the work week, but are periodically required to participate in out-of-hours projects)
- Traveling regionally and abroad
- At least 10 years of related working experience in a data center environment
- Strong technical proficiency in servers and network including configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of systems and networking concepts including Linux (Red Hat preferred), circuits, IP routing, switching, consoles
- Strong working knowledge of cabling types, standards, & best practices
- Strong understanding of data center management and layout including power & cooling
- Good project management skills, with the ability to proactively drive changes or improvements to the data center environment, or contributing ideas to enhance current standards or fix issues
- Self-motivated, has a highly analytical mindset with attention to detail
- A degree or diploma in a technology-related study field, or significant previous data center experience in lieu of formal education
If you are interested in exploring the role, please share your profile to email@example.com