Regional Risk and Controls Senior Analyst
- 12 months contract
- Office Location: Downtown
- MNC Bank
- Help drive a strong control culture and ensuring permanent controls readiness through proactive risk management and issue self-identification.
- Provide advisory and support to the Regional Global Wealth (GW) and Legacy Franchise (LF) Retail teams on both country and region on Internal Audit reviews and Regulatory exams
- Work closely with the Regional GW and LF Retail teams to monitor corrective action plans, support control issues remediation in countries for regional issues.
- Monitor the GW and LF Retail control scorecard metrics and key performance objectives and looking into opportunities to strengthen the internal control environment.
- Work with Regional GW and LF Retail product teams and countries on the Global and Regional Lessons Learn program for retail banking, providing review guidelines to countries and assessing responses from countries to ensure no control gaps.
- Lead or support the root cause analysis of material risk events and control breaks, work with country/regional functions and businesses to establish effective feedback loop to augment control management and share lessons learned with the country and region teams.
- Scan the corrective action plans across countries monthly and provide insightful analysis of issues and trends for proactive risk management and inputs for the regional lesson learn exercise.
- Design and continuously evaluate Digital Monitoring Tools to enable effective Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) monitoring for GW and LF Retail.
- Collaborate with countries on Audits, Escalations, P&L remediation and leading horizontal reviews based on emerging issues identified to check for applicability and relevance across Asia/EMEA GW and LF Retail.
- Prepare the quarterly GW and LF Retail Control Update meeting deck ensuring significant risk and control issues and trends identified across in the businesses are discussed and progress updated.
- Produce the quarterly GW and LF Retail newsletter to enhance the awareness of retail control matters for the larger retail banking community.
- Actively work with the Regional and Country GW and LF Retail Product teams to review and ensure that potential Sales Practices, Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) issues are appropriately and adequately remediated on a timely basis
- Work with the Regional GW and LF Retail teams to develop and implement a robust and integrated Risk and Control framework, partnering on various initiatives and enhancing and strengthening the MCA program.
- Facilitate the critical enhancements to the MCA program through alignment with evolving risks as well as changing business needs and policies, and ensuring the mapping of the Regulatory Control Matrix to the MCA is comprehensive
- Provide specialist risk and control coordination, advice and guidance to ensure a consistent MCA program, ARCMs (Activity, Risks, Controls and Monitoring), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for risk and control across GW and LF Retail businesses, including monitoring and reporting processes.
- Implement Key Automated Application Control (KAACs) across GW and LF Retail Banking MCA program, working with cross functional regional partners to strengthen the use of KAACs and ensure annual testing is effectively conducted. Evaluate consistent application of KAAC across GW and LF Retail Banking businesses in the region.
- Support the Transformation and strategic initiatives to ensure that risk and controls are adequately managed and addressed prior to implementation.
- Degree in Banking/Finance or equivalent
- At least 5 to 7 years of banking experience in banking products and processes with strong strategic, analytical and project management skills
- Experience in audit or risk and control frameworks
- Previous experience should include a multi geography exposure / remit and understanding across Asia and preferably EMEA.
- Focused attention to detail and quality assurance
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Strong understanding of regional Retail/Wealth business landscape and Retail/Wealth Management/Insurance products
- Good understanding of various branch, digital and other customer engagement channels
- Skilled with office documentation software/applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details
- Prior experience in reporting and analytics role would be an advantage
Interested parties please click "Apply Now" or contact Chevelle (EA Reg no: R1762272) at email@example.com
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248
EA Licence: 08C5248