Posting Title: Technical Lead (Java)
Duration : 12 months (renewable)
A Java Technical Lead designs and recommends technical solutions for IT-related issues. The responsibilities of a Java Technical Lead include working with developers to ensure quality deliverables, mentoring junior level staff, and identifying issues that affect product delivery.
We are looking for an experienced Java Technical (Tech) Lead to be responsible for providing solutions for technical issues which may affect product delivery. He or she will facilitate requirement analysis, conduct code reviews, provide feedback, and enhance frameworks.
To be successful as a Java Tech Lead, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of industry best practices, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in JAVA technologies. Ultimately, the Java Tech Lead should possess good analytical skills, the ability to anticipate issues and frame remedial actions, and excellent teamwork skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To perform requirement analysis and oversee the implementation of architectures of project scope
- To provide customized reusable solutions of project, program or operational scope
- To develop high-quality and detailed designs
- To conduct unit testing using automated unit test frameworks and identify and address possible risk by conducting mitigation action planning
- Conducting configuration of your own work or from the team and assess the technical impact of multiple technologies/strategies
- Reviewing the work of other developers with feedback for improvement (if applicable)
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality deliverables
- Contribute as a team member to an operational, integration or application architecture requirements, design, implementation, or on-going operations deliverables
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/Degree in Computing/Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years of development experience in Java
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot framework
- Experience in relational databases such as Oracle and MySQL
- Experience in implementing web services such as SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience in frontend frameworks such as Angular, Struts, jQuery and Bootstrap
- Experience in batch processing implementations
- Have implemented some form of custom frameworks such as security and validations
- Have some team leading experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies
- Advanced understanding of software testing methodologies, scripting and tools
- Minimum experience of three or more full SDLC for web application projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with client
Good to have:
- Experience in Agile development environments
- Experience in DevOps toolchains
- Experience in container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in messaging platforms such as Kafka and IBM MQ
- Experience in Application Servers configurations like WebSphere and WebLogic will be an advantage
- Experience in software testing tools such as Selenium, Karate, Microfocus UFT and Katalon
Due to the sensitivity of the project, only Singaporeans are applicable to apply for this role.
Peoplebank Singapore Pte Ltd, EA Licence Number: 08C5248.