Cash Application Associate
- 6 months contract
- Job location: Bedok/Work from home (as of the moment due to Covid-19)
- 2 headcounts
Integrated finance and accounting services to a large global client
The main responsibility is to post cash to outstanding invoices and undertake the reconciliation of a variety of currency account reconciliations and several specific accounting tasks; as well as supporting Collections team. The new hire will utilize the Oracle and Cases@ modules to accurately apply cash receipts in a timely manner.
* Performing reconciliation of all bank accounts on a monthly basis and to accurately apply all payments in a timely manner
* Resolve issues relating to proper application of cash including but not limited to investigation of missing information on remittances, unapplied cash etc.
* Support Credit Management and Collections Team with respect to any issues relating to reconciliation and cash application process.
* Supplying consistently accurate information to all inter-dependent groups, adhering to strict deadlines
* Processing and managing Withholding Tax function
* Processing and managing Refunds and Reversals for various business units
* Participating in various project work as deemed necessary - SOX etc
* Prepare relevant performance report and paperwork for write-offs
* Complies with all client published policies/ procedures and any legal regulatory requirements in addition to ensuring that Client's Service Level Agreement is met
Qualification/Experience Should Include:
· Diploma in Accounting, Finance or any Business-related course with 3+ years working experience in related field; OR
· University Degree holder with 1-year relevant internship/ work experience; OR
· Fresh degree holders in Accounting, Finance or any Business-related course
· Good working knowledge of an ERP system; ORACLE experience would be an advantage
· Fluent in English; Mandarin an advantage
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
· Strong communication skills
· Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team
· Able to work under time pressure, able to priorities workload and meet strict deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Positive attitude and flexible, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing
· Moderate to no travel depending on project involvement
· Overtime and On-Call may be required
· Local holidays are observed
Interested candidates can send their resume to Rachel.Lee@peoplebank.asia or apply online.