- Manage the OPEX and CAPEX budgets of BBSN division to ensure expenditures are inline with Annual Operating Plan.
- Ensure timely maintenance support contract renewals, evaluates bids submissions, negotiate commercial and technical terms with suppliers to meet budget & support requirements and within Procurement benchmarks.
- Oversee division work processes to ensure compliance to Corporate, Regulatory, Procurement and Financial standard operating procedures.
- Lead and manage Service Operations and Service Transition teams to operate the GPON/DSL Access network, IPCore networks and RSP network towards 99.98% service uptime;
- Track, monitor and manage the Broadband network to ensure that the network elements and service levels deliver the expected performance in accordance with the Network KPI Dashboard.
- Ensure on time project implementations and meeting Service Operations & Audit Requirements.
- Manage the Network Change Advisory Board (CAB) activities, to ensure that all Change Requests comply with Network change management policies, eg. Green Zone, Method of Procedures (MOP), Network Embargo and approval authority.
- Lead Incident Management for Severity Level 4 and 3 network incidents to ensure timely respond & resolutions to service outages and communications to Senior Mgmt, Custcare, Corp Comm, Regulatory and others affected stakeholders.
- Support EDMS Major Incident Management team for broadband network incidents affecting Group Enterprise's customers.
- Support VP(IPTVE) or MD(Network) as the Network Recovery Lead for Severity Level 2 and 1 network incidents.
- Conduct Incident Post-mortem to derive root cause analysis, develop get-well plans and preventive measures.
- Ensure compliance to Networks and Systems Security policies, Change Management policies and Service Assurance requirements.
- Ensure compliance to IMDA Code of Practice e.g. Outage Reporting Code, Service Resiliency Code, Quality of Service Code, Secure & Resilient Internet Infrastructure Code.
- Develop and drive Operational Excellence initiatives to increase automation, increase efficiencies with aim to optimize resources and year-on-year increased productivity.
- Develop and drive Service Excellence initiatives to enable visibility of service & system performance for reviews and to reduce network faults/incidents, reduced churn and improve customer experiences.
- Escalation management to ensure issues are addressed at appropriate levels in accordance to impact and severity.
- Exception Handlings management to ensure out of norm issues are addressed in proper and does not developed into major implications. E.g. VVIP complaints, Cross-functional process gaps.
- Review and endorsed change management activities for Broadband services.
- Review operational reports to ensure Broadband service performance met or exceed business and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Carry out additional duties as required by key organization task force / representative.
- Provide thought leadership to teams of highly technical staff to ensure Operations achieved High Network Availability, Fast service turnaround, Effective Problem Mgmt and adaptation of top tier telco best practices in Change Mgmt processes.
- Formulate effective & efficiency work processes within division and cross-functional interworking to facilitate team executions are aligned to work processes; Smooth execution of projects with appropriate resources and support; Conflicts resolutions and clearing of road blocks to enable projects completion with teams collaborations.
- Conduct regular team meetings, Comms sessions, team-building activities to facilitate functional delivery tracking; organizational upgrades and team engagement development.
- To attract and retain talent / competent staff in amid with fast growing emerging markets and the competition for skilled professionals.
The ideal candidate should be/have:
- A Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Applied Science / Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- Relevant experience in telecommunication/banking industry
- Relevant experience in regional or global network
- Posess technical relevant certifications - CCNA, IPV6, NFV/SDN, BCMS, ITIL, Lean Six Sigma
- At least 12 years of relevant experience
- Possess sound technical knowledge and practical experience in the following areas / services:
- Access technologies e.g. GPON, DSL, Wireless
- TCPIP networking, Routing & Switch IP protocols, Traffic load-balancing, Traffic Mgmt (DPI), TCP Optimization, Network Mgmt.
- Applications such as HTTP, HTTPS, DNS Hosting & Caching, DHCP, RADIUS, NTP, POP3, SMTP, Webmail, Systems OS, Firewall.
- Familiar with IP services e.g. VoIP, IPTV and Access devices e.g. RG, STB and End-to-end setup for Triple play networks.
- Familiar with IMDA code of practice e.g. Outage Reporting Code, Service Resiliency Code, Quality of Service Code, Secure & Resilient Internet Infrastructure Code
- Operational experiences in Network/Systems operations, Network security, Software patch Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Incident Management
- Tasks orientated with sense of urgency in executing operational duties.
- Ability to work with tight timeline to deliver results.
- Able to be on call on 24x7 basis.