The Hosting Installation Technician (HIT) [IT Operations Technician 2] is an integral part of the Service Delivery organization responsible for configuring managed servers, installing applications and monitoring software provided by organisation.
HIT is also responsible for the testing of the services provided and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during solution activation.
* Ensure the satisfactory activation of client services as indicated by the product definitions and published implementation processes.
* Perform installation and configuration of the operating system and application layers, of newly ordered Windows or Linux servers either stand alone or virtual within timeframes provided by management. All installations are done via remote tools, no hands on installation is performed.
* Isolate and resolve both network and physical issues related to activation.
* Provide technical review of work order prior to implementation (participation in kick-off call).
* Perform configuration of organisation's managed servers.
* Work with clients to troubleshoot implementation issues.
* Participate in an on-call rotation for off-hour implementation issues and maintenance requests.
* Maintain and update documentation repository.
* Provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients; being recognized through email and on client NPS (Net Promoter Scores).
* Demonstrate a desire to learn new technologies as they arise for continued technical development.
* Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
* Must have 5-8 years related experience or equivalent
* Administrative/build experience with ESX 4.x and 5.x
* Administrative/build experience with Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
* Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008 Standard and Enterprise editions, Windows Server 2012
* Experience with HP servers
* Strong networking undersanding/background
* Knowledge of routers, bridges, switches and VLANs (802.1Q)
* Working knowledge of firewalls/access lists and NAT
* Excellent troubleshooting, communication (oral and written), customer service and interpersonal skills
* Experience with Solaris 8-10
* Knowledge of Database software (MSSQL, Oracle, MYSQL)
* Knowledge of NFS and CIFS
* Knowledge of Apache
* Experience with load balancers
* Experience with storage (3PAR, NetApp)
* MCSE, CCNA or other equivalent certification strongly desired
All employees or contractors may be asked to undergo vetting or security clearance based on the work carried out and the requirements of our Clients. It is a condition the successful applicant is able to pass these checks.